    uninstalling the program.

    Nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

    I can manually put the pictures on my computer, but that takes way too long.
    srfrgrl, Nov 24, 2007

  2. I don't know what happened, but must remind you that if your camera came
    with a driver disk or if you installed any drivers for it on a 32bit
    machine, then you need a 64bit driver now. Re-boot with the device attached
    and look in Device Manager and see if it is listed.

    Which camera is it?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 24, 2007

  3. srfrgrl

    srfrgrl Guest

    DMC-TZ1

    I called Panasonic and they told me there is no driver for this camera
    whatsoever. Not to mention I sent an email over a week ago and still have no
    response.
    srfrgrl, Dec 1, 2007
  4. Ordinarily, I would think that it doesn't need any driver - a camera should
    just connect on it's own, displaying the memory card as a disk-drive through
    which you transfer your pictures. Most Camera producers ship a lot of
    software with their products that are tailor made to work with the product,
    but often you don't really need any of it, just boot up the machine and make
    a USB connection and if you need software, install that, even if it is 32bit
    since that software isn't driver software.

    I have heard of people wanting drivers for Cameras - but I don't really know
    why. And it is not the norm.

    If you really are cut off from your camera, one alternative would be to have
    a 'Dual-Booting' machine, just install a second (32bit!) OS on a different
    partition and run the camera from there.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 1, 2007