    Can't figure out the rest of it.

    TIA,
    Nana
    nnaoj5, Jan 16, 2006

  2. nnaoj5

    SMS Guest

    nnaoj5 wrote:
    > I now have an Olympus 2100, it is a few years old. It takes really great
    > pics, but I would like a smaller camera for convience. I would like
    > another Olympus (because of the quality of the pics.)

    Sticking with Olympus isn't going to help you with the quality of the
    pictures, there aren't really any newer cameras that have the picture
    quality issues of the Olympus C-2100UZ.

    According to most of the reviews, the Olympus C-7000 Zoom is one of the
    poorer smaller cameras, so you can stick with Olympus and continue to
    get quality that is poorer than the competition.

    I can't help but asking why you are so insistent on the brand, rather
    than on picture quality?
    SMS, Jan 16, 2006

  3. nnaoj5

    Q Guest

    I too have been an Oly fan for a long time, and now have an Oly C8080WZ.
    Great camera but it has it's quirks and it's definitely not small. I am
    impressed with my daughter's Canon A610. It's small, batteries last
    well, picture quality is excellent.

    Q, Jan 16, 2006
  4. nnaoj5

    Doug Robbins Guest

    What a dumb reply. Any other brands you want to dis while your at it?

    Doug Robbins, Jan 17, 2006
  5. nnaoj5

    SMS Guest

    Doug Robbins wrote:
    > What a dumb reply. Any other brands you want to dis while your at it?

    It's the original post that did not make sense. Choosing a product based
    on the brand, when the specific brand has not even distinguished itself
    as superior, makes no sense at all. It's especially true in the smaller
    cameras, since in the larger cameras, Olympus has some good products,
    such as the C-8080, but their smaller cameras are not up to the
    standards of other manufacturers.

    I have an Olympus camera, I am not dissing their entire product line.
    SMS, Jan 17, 2006
  6. nnaoj5

    Cheesehead Guest

    Many people make choices out of brand loyalty.
    Sometimes that loyalty comes out of ego (ref. certain Leica users)
    and at other times out of a simple comfort with a product line's
    design.
    And every mfr. depends on this to help sales.
    So let's not be so quick to dismiss to loyalty expressed.

    That said ...
    the best way to find what you like is to go handle & test the stuff.
    Only you can satisfy yourself.

    Collin
    Cheesehead, Jan 17, 2006