    plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
    --
    Don Stauffer in Minneapolis
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Oct 24, 2007

  2. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Cooter Guest

    Before doing anything drastic, do a search for "camera raw.8bi" (without the
    quotes). Winkey + F, then "All Files and Folders". Note that the one you
    downloaded will show up in the search results. Assuming you find the
    original file, click on the listing in the results pane and open that
    folder. You can then copy the new version there. Let us know if you don't
    find it.

    Cooter, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Jim Guest

    >I downloaded the update file that is supposed to have the raw driver
    > for our camera. However, the accompanying instructions say to replace
    > the existing plugin in a directory
    >
    > Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CS2\File Formats.
    >
    > However, there IS no "Plugins" folder under Adobe. Yes, I am sure I
    > am in Common Files.
    >
    > Should I just create the appropriate missing folders and stick the new
    > plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
    > --
    > Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

    Following the folder trail beginning with Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
    show a folder called Plug-Ins. Therein lies your problem.

    You are quite correct, there is no folder called Plugins.

    Jim
    Jim, Oct 24, 2007
  4. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    just bob Guest

    >I downloaded the update file that is supposed to have the raw driver
    > for our camera. However, the accompanying instructions say to replace
    > the existing plugin in a directory
    >
    > Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CS2\File Formats.
    >
    > However, there IS no "Plugins" folder under Adobe. Yes, I am sure I
    > am in Common Files.
    >
    > Should I just create the appropriate missing folders and stick the new
    > plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
    > --
    > Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

    Looks like you already got some good advice on the plug-in here.

    I just hope your camera was available in stores before January 2007 or its
    raw format will not be supported by CS2. For example the raw files from the
    Canon 40D and 1D Mark III are not supported in the older CS2 software. If
    that is the case, download the free Adobe DNG converter to convert the files
    from 40D raw to DNG and then you can use Adobe Camera Raw in CS2.

    -Bob
    just bob, Oct 25, 2007