    all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    with limited functionality?

    Brian
    Brian, Dec 10, 2007

  2. Brian

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Brian
    <> wrote:

    > Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    > all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    > with limited functionality?

    it's exactly the same, and was just updated a week ago to 4.3.1.
    nospam, Dec 10, 2007

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:47:18 -0800, nospam <>
    mentioned:

    >In article <>, Brian
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    >> all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    >> with limited functionality?

    >it's exactly the same, and was just updated a week ago to 4.3.1.

    Thanks. I'm thinking that a copy of Elements 5 or 6 from eBay would
    be a cheap way to improve on the ACR in CS2.

    Brian
    Brian, Dec 10, 2007
  4. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    > all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    > with limited functionality?
    >

    > Brian

    Nospam is wrong. The version that comes with Elements is the same ACR
    plug-in file. However, Elements limits the tools available inside of it. So
    while the file is the same it is a lite version because you don't get access
    to all of the tools in ACR like you would using it with Photoshop CS3.

    The Spider

    --
    If stupid was fruit, Washington D.C. would be an orchard!
    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 10, 2007
  5. Brian

    Benny Guest

    Thanks for the RAW update post - my CS3 says that "CR updates cannot be
    determined at this stage".
    I'll download the latest update from the site.
    regards
    Benny

    Benny, Dec 11, 2007
  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:11:03 -0800, "The Spider Formally Seated Next
    To Little Miss Muffet" <> mentioned:

    >"Brian" <> wrote in message
    >> Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    >> all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    >> with limited functionality?
    >>

    >> Brian

    >Nospam is wrong. The version that comes with Elements is the same ACR
    >plug-in file. However, Elements limits the tools available inside of it. So
    >while the file is the same it is a lite version because you don't get access
    >to all of the tools in ACR like you would using it with Photoshop CS3.
    >
    >The Spider

    I came across a site with a video on PSE 6 last night. The front end
    RAW processing does seem to be exactly the same as CS3 - which is what
    I was after. I wasn't expecting to be able to move files back and to
    betweenf Elements and ACR as you can with CS3.

    Brian
    Brian, Dec 12, 2007
  7. Brian

    Roger (K8RI) Guest

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:29:51 +0000, Brian
    <> wrote:

    >Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    >all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    >with limited functionality?

    Looks like I need to upgrade my old CS to CS3 as they don't appear to
    support it any more.

    Roger

    Roger (K8RI), Dec 13, 2007
  8. Brian

    Paul Furman Guest

    Roger (K8RI) wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:29:51 +0000, Brian
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Does the version of Camera Raw in the latest versions of Elements have
    >> all the same functions as the CS3 version, or is it a 'lite' version
    >> with limited functionality?

    > Looks like I need to upgrade my old CS to CS3 as they don't appear to
    > support it any more.

    You can use a newer version* of the DNG converter which downloads with
    ACR and convert to DNG. Then open that in CS1. The files can be made
    smaller by eliminating the embedded jpeg but you won't be open them with
    your camera maker's software and of course the new ACR features won't be
    there.

    *some research needed to see which version works
    Paul Furman, Dec 13, 2007