    Can you recommend an easy-to-use camera that won't break the bank, but
    that has a good wide-angle focal length?

    Thanks!
    Brettster, Sep 14, 2008

  2. Brettster

    Brettster Guest

    On Sep 14, 3:29 pm, "Paul" <> wrote:
    > "Brettster" <> wrote in message

    > Are you saying that you already have a Canon 16-35?

    Yes. I use it with my Canon EOS-1 D digital camera, which is
    unfortunately kind of old and shoots about a 5 MP image.

    I could upgrade to a new Canon, but my budget may not allow that.
    Whereas that Fuji took great photos...just lacked a wideangle lens.
    Brettster, Sep 15, 2008

  3. Brettster

    Brettster Guest

    Great advice. Thanks!

    Brett
    Brettster, Sep 16, 2008
  4. Brettster

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:02:33 -0700 (PDT), Brettster wrote:

    > Several years ago, I used a Fuji Finepix S7000 digital camera with a
    > built-in flash and lens (neither were removable). The camera offered
    > 6.3 MP photos and a with a focal length of 35 mm to 210 mm. Photos
    > were very good.
    >
    > I would love to use a camera like this again, but I need more of a
    > wide-angle capability. (My Canon lens is 16 mm to 35 mm).
    >
    > Can you recommend an easy-to-use camera that won't break the bank, but
    > that has a good wide-angle focal length?

    Fuji's bridge cameras progressed from the S7000 to the S9000,
    S9100 and the latest version is the greatly improved S100fs, which
    is a bit larger, has a slightly larger 11mp sensor, better high ISO,
    DR options, a wider range zoom lens (28-400mm), now uses a Li-Ion
    battery, and finally has image stabilization. It won't match even
    inexpensive DSLRs for action photography and working cleanly in
    extremely low light levels, but takes great, very sharp photos for
    most other types of photography. Its lens produces more "purple
    fringing" than you'll get from most other cameras when zoomed to
    28mm, but the PF can be avoided if you can avoid the shooting
    conditions that produce it. For a pretty good three part review by
    a pro that normally uses much larger cameras (Fujica GA645 and
    Pentax 67) and recently replaced his Fuji S6000fd with the S100fs
    see :

    http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/08/camera-test-fuj.html

    http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/08/fujifilm-finepi.html

    http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/09/fujifilm-finepi.html