    sharpness, contrast, saturation etc.) change amount of shown (or "hidden")
    details?

    Morgan O.
    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Morgan Ohlson

    mark herring Guest

    Anything that changes image contrast for a feature of interest will affect
    the ability to resolve that feature. The number of pixels gives a "limiting
    resolution"---ie a go/no-go test of what can be resolved.

    I assume you are talking SPATIAL detail.....This will be affected by
    contrast, for sure.
    White balance--probably not
    Sharpness---I dont know: In general, a sharpening process applied after the
    picture is taken wont increase resolving power--it will just make the image
    look sharper.
    Saturation---maybe---if your feature of interest is all one color, then
    de-saturating could affect contrast of the feature

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    "Morgan Ohlson" <> wrote in message
    > We all know that digital zoom reduce pixels used and lower quality. Also

    ISO

    mark herring, Nov 14, 2003

  3. "mark herring" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Anything that changes image contrast for a feature of interest will affect
    > the ability to resolve that feature. The number of pixels gives a

    "limiting
    > resolution"---ie a go/no-go test of what can be resolved.
    >
    > I assume you are talking SPATIAL detail.....This will be affected by
    > contrast, for sure.

    Sorry... I don't get this with spatial. (spatial, isn't that about room, 3D
    and /or shapes!?)

    > White balance--probably not
    > Sharpness---I dont know: In general, a sharpening process applied after

    the
    > picture is taken wont increase resolving power--it will just make the

    image
    > look sharper.
    > Saturation---maybe---if your feature of interest is all one color, then
    > de-saturating could affect contrast of the feature

    This becomes also difficult language to me. Are you saying (something like)
    that a red filter rise detail in a blue sky?

    Morgan O.
    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Morgan Ohlson

    jam Guest

    Morgan,

    I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but here's a link to
    my discussion of critical digital camera settings, the ones I
    collectively think of as my "recording mode". As you'll see, there are
    a number of important trade-offs to consider here, with effects on the
    conspicuity or quality of one image feature or another.

    www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/exposure.htm#recording
    --
    Jeremy McCreary
    Denver, CO