    this dog?

    I'd be kind of curious to know just how this thing rates in terms of photo
    shoot speed.
    Eigenvector, Aug 16, 2003

  2. (Eigenvector) writes:
    > I understand how the camera is taking the photo, but on average how long
    > should the pause last before the image is finished?
    >
    > On my camera, an Olympus C720, it seems like about 0.2 seconds - which is an
    > eternity when you are trying to take a long distance shot on a moving
    > target. Is this about normal, or are most digital cameras much faster than
    > this dog?
    >
    > I'd be kind of curious to know just how this thing rates in terms of photo
    > shoot speed.

    About average. You can shoot up to 3 frames in sequence at 1984x1488
    before you have to let the buffer dump to the card, but then you have a 5
    to 7 second wait while the buffer empties. If you reduce the photo
    resolution, you can buffer more shots.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
    Larry Caldwell, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Yea, it seems you have to move to a Digital SLR to get anything
    reasonable in the shutter response time.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Aug 16, 2003