    Any help? or re-direction would be helpfully.

    Regards,
    Dave.
    Dave, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Dave

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > This may be the wrong place, but..
    >
    > I am looking for a camera or commercial system that can be used to
    > capture passport style images controlled through a windows API for
    > insertion into a database.
    >
    > Any help? or re-direction would be helpfully.

    Some cameras have the ability to be tethered to a computer.

    They come with software that allows the user to control the camera
    remotely. The images are saved directly on the comuter's hard drive.

    Most Canon cameras come with Windows software called 'Remote Capture'
    Other brands probably have similar software.
    Jim Townsend, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > Dave wrote:
    >

    > > This may be the wrong place, but..
    > >
    > > I am looking for a camera or commercial system that can be used to
    > > capture passport style images controlled through a windows API for
    > > insertion into a database.
    > >
    > > Any help? or re-direction would be helpfully.

    > Some cameras have the ability to be tethered to a computer.
    >
    > They come with software that allows the user to control the camera
    > remotely. The images are saved directly on the comuter's hard drive.
    >
    > Most Canon cameras come with Windows software called 'Remote Capture'
    > Other brands probably have similar software.

    Thanks I will have a look into these, was ideally after a
    system/package that could do all the photo side of 'things' to obtain a
    photograph which I could then access in some 'seamless' way through a
    programmatic interface.
    Dave, Mar 30, 2005