    thanks
    waterboy
    , Mar 12, 2007

  2. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > my sister's digital camera (Nikon i think) will only operate
    > when the Battery Chager is connected to the camera
    >
    > the battery charges, but won't operate the camera alone
    >
    > other than send it in for repairs, anything i can try?
    >
    > thanks
    > waterboy

    Did you try with more than one set of batteries? Did you
    try with new batteries?
    Marvin, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    ..
    well, no,
    this happened after the old battery died (3yrs old i think),
    and a new/replacement battery was used

    the new battery "seems" to charge (turns green)
    i'll have her take it into a camera shop, for battery only testing

    thanks
    waterboy
    , Mar 12, 2007
  4. cgiorgio Guest

    <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > .

    The symptoms might be caused by oxidized battery contacts in the camera.
    Cleaning those contacts with an eraser (if you can reach them) might be a
    good idea. Use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out. Battery charger might
    indicate a full battery too early if contact resistance is too high.
    cgiorgio, Mar 12, 2007