  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I don't know if any of your saw it, but it looked like they grafted a Lomo or Diana front on a Polaroid back. Wouldn't have been functional. It could be an old Polaroid I'm not familiar with.
    RichA, Oct 21, 2013

  2. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <2013102107291816807-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > On 2013-10-21 00:45:20 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    > > I don't know if any of your saw it, but it looked like they grafted a
    > > Lomo or Diana front on a Polaroid back. Wouldn't have been functional.
    > > It could be an old Polaroid I'm not familiar with.

    > RichA does zombies!!?
    >
    > Sorry Rich, I don't watch that crap.

    Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
    like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
    like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But, Walking
    Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Oct 21, 2013

  3. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:32:12 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2013-10-21 08:34:03 -0700, Sandman <> said:

    >>> RichA does zombies!!?
    >>>
    >>> Sorry Rich, I don't watch that crap.

    >> Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
    >> like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
    >> like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But, Walking
    >> Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

    >Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
    >Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.
    >
    >What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
    >Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
    >Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
    >"different strokes for different folks".
    >
    >BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
    >off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

    I have never intentionally watched any TV show with zombies, vampires,
    werewolves, aliens, spaceships, or any monsters (including members of
    the Kardashian family) or supernatural critters.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Oct 21, 2013
  4. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>, tonycooper214
    @gmail.com says...

    > On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:32:12 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    > >On 2013-10-21 08:34:03 -0700, Sandman <> said:

    > >> Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
    > >> like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
    > >> like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But, Walking
    > >> Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

    > >Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
    > >Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.
    > >
    > >What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
    > >Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
    > >Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
    > >"different strokes for different folks".
    > >
    > >BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
    > >off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

    > I have never intentionally watched any TV show with zombies, vampires,
    > werewolves, aliens, spaceships, or any monsters (including members of
    > the Kardashian family) or supernatural critters.

    The Kardashian stuff is both uplifting and depressing. It is uplifting
    because it shows that in America today someone with absolutely no
    redeeming qualities can become wildly successful. It is depressing
    because there are so many people out of work who _do_ have redeeming
    qualities.
    J. Clarke, Oct 21, 2013
  5. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <2013102109321275249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > > Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
    > > like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
    > > like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But, Walking
    > > Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

    > Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
    > Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.

    Right, to each his own :)

    > What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
    > Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
    > Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
    > "different strokes for different folks".

    Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
    character you really hated, and loved to hate.

    Sandman, Oct 21, 2013
  6. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <CE8AE6D1.A2D2F%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > Zombies simply wouldn't make it in Reality...
    >
    > <http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smartnews/2013/10/hungry-animals-would-take
    > -down-a-zombie-invasion/?utm_source=smithsoniantopic&utm_medium=email&utm_ca
    > mpaign=20131020-Weekender>

    We have a dwindling supply of wolves here in Sweden, but that's the
    only large predator that would likely pose a threat to a zombified
    nation... And they haven't been able to make a dent to the Norwegian
    population yet... Muahaha :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Oct 21, 2013
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/21/2013 5:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-10-21 12:24:22 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:32:12 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
    >>> Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.
    >>>
    >>> What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
    >>> Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
    >>> Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
    >>> "different strokes for different folks".
    >>>
    >>> BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
    >>> off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

    >> I have never intentionally watched any TV show with zombies, vampires,
    >> werewolves, aliens, spaceships, or any monsters (including members of
    >> the Kardashian family) or supernatural critters.

    > Yup!
    > Add obnoxious, obese trailer park refugees related to, or actually
    > "Honey Boo-Boo".

    Agreed, ! But I enjoyed watching Star Trek, the next generation, with
    Patrick Stewart, and Whoopi Goldberg. There was some excellent acting,
    although very little suspense.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Oct 21, 2013
  8. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <CE8B00D8.A2D39%>,
    says...

    > On 10/21/13 2:28 PM, in article ,
    > "J. Clarke" <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, tonycooper214
    > > @gmail.com says...

    > >> I have never intentionally watched any TV show with zombies, vampires,
    > >> werewolves, aliens, spaceships, or any monsters (including members of
    > >> the Kardashian family) or supernatural critters.

    > > The Kardashian stuff is both uplifting and depressing. It is uplifting
    > > because it shows that in America today someone with absolutely no
    > > redeeming qualities can become wildly successful. It is depressing
    > > because there are so many people out of work who _do_ have redeeming
    > > qualities.
    > >

    > You mean like this?
    >
    > <http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/942064/we-cant-stop-blurred-lines-give-it-2-
    > u-medley.jhtml>

    Dunno what she's thinking with that one. Gaga's outrageous, Miley is
    just crude.
    J. Clarke, Oct 21, 2013
  9. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/21/2013 5:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman <> said:
    >
    >> In article <2013102109321275249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    >>> Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
    >>> Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.

    >> Right, to each his own :)
    >>
    >>> What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
    >>> Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
    >>> Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
    >>> "different strokes for different folks".

    >> Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
    >> character you really hated, and loved to hate.

    > If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
    > "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
    > Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
    > series, and "Ray Donovan".
    > Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
    > one.
    >
    > The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.
    >
    >>> BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
    >>> off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

    Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
    started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
    think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Oct 21, 2013
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/21/2013 5:54 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

    <snip>

    > Dunno what she's thinking with that one. Gaga's outrageous, Miley is
    > just crude.

    Yes, but Gaga is at least a good entertainer. And according to people I
    know who know her, a very decent person, who is ot full of herself, and
    works very hard.
    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Oct 21, 2013
  11. RichA

    dj_nme Guest

    On 21/10/2013 6:45 PM, RichA wrote:
    > I don't know if any of your saw it, but it looked like they grafted a Lomo or Diana front on a Polaroid back. Wouldn't have been functional. It could be an old Polaroid I'm not familiar with.

    It's probably a Holgaroid, a mash-up of a Holga 120-film camera and a
    Polaroid 600 instant film back: <http://goo.gl/bKtWM9>
    dj_nme, Oct 22, 2013
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Monday, October 21, 2013 12:32:12 PM UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-10-21 08:34:03 -0700, Sandman <> said:
    >

    > What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The >
    > Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray>
    > Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of >
    > "different strokes for different folks".

    Ray Donovan, The Bridge (The Brits have a new show called, "The Tunnel" pretty much the same) Sopranos, Banshee, all good shows.
    RichA, Oct 22, 2013
  13. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <2013102114382575249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > > Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
    > > character you really hated, and loved to hate.

    > If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
    > "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
    > Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great
    > HBO series, and "Ray Donovan".
    > Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season one.
    >
    > The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

    Thanks for the suggestions!

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Oct 22, 2013
  14. RichA

    Nige Danton Guest

    PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/21/2013 5:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman <> said:

    >>> Right, to each his own :)

    >>> Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
    >>> character you really hated, and loved to hate.

    >> If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
    >> "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
    >> Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
    >> series, and "Ray Donovan".
    >> Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
    >> one.
    >>
    >> The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

    > Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
    > started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
    > think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

    Did you see James Gandolfini in True Romance? I thought it was an excellent
    piece of acting. The entire film is great, of course.

    --
    Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
    Nige Danton, Oct 23, 2013
  15. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/23/2013 7:07 AM, Nige Danton wrote:
    > PeterN <> wrote:

    >>> If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
    >>> "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
    >>> Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
    >>> series, and "Ray Donovan".
    >>> Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
    >>> one.
    >>>
    >>> The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

    >> Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
    >> started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
    >> think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

    > Did you see James Gandolfini in True Romance? I thought it was an excellent
    > piece of acting. The entire film is great, of course.

    i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary
    on his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one
    was convinced that he was Tony Soprano. I certainly meant no detraction
    from his acting in other roles.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Oct 23, 2013
  16. RichA

    Nige Danton Guest

    PeterN <> wrote:

    > i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary on
    > his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one was
    > convinced that he was Tony Soprano. I certainly meant no detraction from
    > his acting in other roles.

    Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. I didn't read your comment as criticism
    of his acting skills, I was simply drawing your attention to his acting in
    True Romance, in case you hadn't seen it.

    --
    Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
    Nige Danton, Oct 23, 2013