camera not "catching" memory stick

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jeff, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    Hi. I thought I'd buy an older digital camera for my eight year old
    daughter to play with and use. I purchased a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30
    on Ebay for $40, described as "in new condition." I received it today
    and it is in fact in pristine shape with all documentation, cables, CD
    and memory stick. This afternoon I attempted to set it up for her and
    take some sample pics. The problem is that you can't insert the
    memory stick. I pushed it into place and the camera will not lock
    onto the stick. I tried pushing it in place and then closing the
    cover, but the camera won't read the card - "NO MEMORY STICK." I
    played with it a few times and once I was able to secure the card into
    the camera and it recoginzed the card, and I was able to take a few
    pictures. But not again.

    I'm not concerned about the possibility of having gotten ripped off.
    The seller has 100 percent positive feedback and I'm confident he'll
    agree to a refund, however, I'd like to keep the camera instead, if i
    can get it to work properly.

    Has anyone ever had a problem like this, and if so, is it an easy fix,
    generally speaking?

    TIA,
    Jeff

    jeff, Oct 22, 2006