    I use easy sahre from kodak
    Have someone the same probleme with kodak camera , or knows a
    bypass for have a pretty camera icon.
    am001, Feb 6, 2004

  2. am001

    Linda_N Guest

    "am001" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > i have dx6490 digital camera , when i' m connect this camera on
    > my computer , the icon corresponding to my camera on desktop are
    > invalid.
    >
    > in the camera directory i just have a file named camera.ico with a
    > size
    > of 0 , and an autorun.inf which point to these camera.ico.
    > why camera ico have a size of 0
    >
    > i have try to modify the samera.ico file on my memory camera , but the
    > memory is protected
    > I use easy sahre from kodak
    > Have someone the same probleme with kodak camera , or knows a
    > bypass for have a pretty camera icon.

    I don't own a Kodac, but shouldn't the Desktop icon for you camera be
    pointing to a usb drive (assuming you used usb to connect camera to
    computer)? .ico is just a bitmapped graphic file so it is not going to open
    a drive if the shortcut is pointed there.

    I am not sure what an .inf file does but I have a feeling it stands for
    information. If you open that .inf file in Notepad it may reveal the drive
    information for when your camera is plugged in. Perhaps you could change the
    ..ico shortcut to point to whatever path is in the .inf file.

    PS: it is 0 because it contains no information or less than 1kb of info.

    All else fails go to the Kodac site and find their troubleshooting area for
    you camera. It is likely that someone else had the same problem so it is in
    their FAQ.

    Also consider getting a card reader. That makes file transfer less work if
    you ask me.

    Linda.
    Linda_N, Feb 6, 2004