    Charles Guest

    It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.

    Is it just me?
    Charles, Mar 14, 2009

  2. Charles

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:26:50 -0400, Charles wrote:

    > It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >
    > Is it just me?

    Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
    mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
    'photographers' actually take photos?
    ray, Mar 15, 2009

  3. Charles

    Nicko Guest

    On Mar 14, 9:27 pm, Savageduck <> wrote:
    > On 2009-03-14 18:08:38 -0700, Ockham's Razor <> said:
    >
    > > In article <>, ray <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
    > >> mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
    > >> 'photographers' actually take photos?

    > > I think it is like gun fondlers.   They masturbate their guns and
    > > worship the Second Amendment.  But they do not know how to use them.

    > Strangely enough, some gun owners are "professionals" some are
    > hobbiests and some are argumentative trolls.
    > Some know how to use themhttp://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0076c3..jpg
    >
    > The same can be said for "camera enthusiasts" professional, hobbiest, or troll.
    >
    > Fondling either tool (camera or gun) seems to be an odd route to
    > gratification of objects inanimate or otherwise.

    So what tool were you fondling when you posted this pretentious
    drivel?

    --
    YOP...
    Nicko, Mar 15, 2009
  4. Charles

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:08:38 -0700, Ockham's Razor wrote:

    > In article <>, ray <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:26:50 -0400, Charles wrote:
    >>
    >> > It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >> >
    >> > Is it just me?

    >> Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
    >> mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
    >> 'photographers' actually take photos?

    > I think it is like gun fondlers. They masturbate their guns and
    > worship the Second Amendment. But they do not know how to use them.

    Seems kind of messy to me. I suspect a competent psychiatrist could help
    you a lot.
    ray, Mar 15, 2009
  5. Charles

    Marvin Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >
    > Is it just me?

    Yf you mean professional photographers, hey were part of
    this NG in the past, but they seem to have moved to another
    discussion group.
    Marvin, Mar 15, 2009
  6. Charles

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >
    > Is it just me?

    I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
    who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But
    I think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
    photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are
    both types in most areas.
    Don Stauffer, Mar 15, 2009
  7. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message
    > Charles wrote:
    >> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >>
    >> Is it just me?

    > Yf you mean professional photographers, hey were part of this NG in the
    > past, but they seem to have moved to another discussion group.

    Of course they have, and so have many serious amateurs (those who care about
    results more than about gear).
    Charles, Mar 16, 2009
  8. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Don Stauffer" <> wrote in message
    > Charles wrote:
    >> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >>
    >> Is it just me?

    > I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
    > who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But I
    > think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
    > photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are both
    > types in most areas.

    The mix here is tilting toward gear-heads, and some of those are nit-picking
    axe-grinders and trolls.

    Not all that much offered here these days for folks who want to take good
    shots.
    Charles, Mar 16, 2009
  9. Charles

    whisky-dave Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message

    > "Don Stauffer" <> wrote in message
    >> Charles wrote:
    >>> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
    >>>
    >>> Is it just me?

    >> I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
    >> who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But I
    >> think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
    >> photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are both
    >> types in most areas.

    > The mix here is tilting toward gear-heads, and some of those are
    > nit-picking axe-grinders and trolls.
    >
    > Not all that much offered here these days for folks who want to take good
    > shots.

    I suppose it's difficult to define a good shot, defining a good camera is
    probably easier,
    and it's easier to discuss camera specs than the intricacies of what makes a
    good picture.
    I think they have the same problem in the art and music worlds, I think
    sport is a little
    easier provided you ban drugs.

    .
    whisky-dave, Mar 17, 2009
  10. So, which one would you rather have shooting at you?

    --
    Christopher A. Young
    Learn more about Jesus

    Stormin Mormon, Mar 19, 2009
  11. Charles

    Mark Thomas Guest

    FYI wrote:
    > Real artists and real photographers have better things to do...

    Hi, Keoeeit!

    Please folks, do not respond to this poster further until you are fully
    aware of his background.

    "FYI" is the anti-dslr- and chdk-troll, aka Keoeeit, Vern, X-Man,
    Baumbadier, Casiobear, etc, ad infinitum.

    He's well known for the 'attitude', and that's being kind. He can be
    found on many forums, is frequently banned (eg Steve's Forums,
    photography-on-the.net) and he's usually quite easy to spot, by his
    withdrawn posts and images (ironic, huh?). He doesn't like leaving a
    trail, but is too incompetent to not be recognised wherever he goes..

    (and *still* always posts from cpinternet)

    Stands out like the proverbial puppy nuts.. (O:

    For further details, google "keoeeit minnesota". You'll see his posts
    are often lamenting about how he lives alone...

    Umm, any questions?
    Mark Thomas, Mar 20, 2009
  12. Charles

    Mark Thomas Guest

    OT Don't feed the Keoeeit Troll Re: Camera enthusiasts

    "E.Flanders" (aka keoeeit - wonder why he rarely puts a space after the
    initial?) wrote:
    > Now go find..
    > ever heard of..
    > It's fun..