Camera Dock 6000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Butch Hinton, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Butch Hinton

    Butch Hinton Guest

    I purchased a Camera Dock 6000 off ebay for my Kodak DX7440 and have a
    couple questions:

    1. When the dock is plugged in without camera, should any lights on dock
    be lit.

    2. When I seat the camera, I get no lights.

    I am trying to determine if the dock is bad or the camera is not seating.

    I did check the power adapter and it is reads 10v with no load on it. Is
    this correct?? I have checked the voltage on some of the adapter I have
    around the house and they all read higher voltage with no load.

    I plan to check another camera on dock as soon as I can before I contact
    the seller. The dock does have a 30 day warranty from seller.

    My thanks

    Butch -

    Butch Hinton, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Butch Hinton

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Butch,

    When you plug in the dock, you should hear it power up and prepare for use.
    If there is no camera on the dock, and it is not connected to a computer,
    there will be no lights. If you place a camera on the dock in that
    scenario, however, the lights will blink and the camera light up showing any
    images you have on it. The first light on the array of three that is the
    closest to the camera insert tray - "transfer" button - will also come on
    (tells you the camera battery is being charged. The button to the right for
    printing comes on as does the second light in the array of four with little
    lines connecting to the button comes on as well. It tells you that your
    camera is on the dock.

    The Kodak adapter used for the dock is rated at input = 110-240 volts 50/60
    Hz and output at 24V - - - 1.8A

    It does not sound like you have the right adapter for the dock. I suggest
    you review this with the store where it was purchased. I may be missing
    something but please additional details if you do not see what I am sharing.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Butch Hinton

    Butch Hinton Guest

    Hi Ron,

    This is just the camera dock not the printer dock, which I believe
    take the 5V adapter. I get no lights at all when power is applied or
    when camera is placed on dock.

    Butch

    Butch Hinton, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Butch Hinton

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Butch,

    Sorry about the confusion, I should have asked.

    When using the Camera Dock 6000 you will see a light when the camera is set
    onto the dock. The charging process begins at that point. So, if no lights
    are seen, please unplug the cable from the wall and the dock. Make sure the
    battery is correctly installed (you need to use a Kodak rechargeable battery
    pack). Rub the ends of the battery if you have not used it in a while. Once
    you have completed this reset the cords into the wall and into the dock
    securely. Reset the camera on the dock and see if the lights come on. If
    not, then you may need to get your dock serviced. Before you do, however,
    and if you know anyone with a Dock 6000 see if they will let you borrow
    their wall power adapter so you can check to make sure yours if functioning
    correctly. It may be that the adapter needs to be replaced? After trying
    these options, contact Kodak and we can move ahead from there.

    Talk to you soon, Butch, let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 23, 2005
  5. Butch Hinton

    Butch Hinton Guest

    Ron,
    Problem was the dock. I bought it used over Ebay and the seller
    is refunding my money. I bought a new dock at Walmart and it
    works great.

    I have another question for you. Is it safe to just leave
    the camera on the dock? Will this keep the battery at full
    charge? Camera is a DX7440 (NICE!!) with the Li-ion battery.

    Thanks..
    Butch

    Butch Hinton, Mar 23, 2005
  6. Butch Hinton

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Butch,

    I understand and am glad you were able to return the dock and get another.

    As to leaving the camera on the dock, that is what I do. It is true,
    however, if you do not use the camera for long periods, it is a good idea to
    every now and then, to pick up the camera and take a picture. It will start
    the charging and bring the camera to full power. Lithium Ion batteries are
    great and hold a charge for a long time, so you should be all set if you use
    your camera at least once a month. I love your camera choice as well.
    Great options!

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company