    -------------------------------------
    Graham Russell Photography
    www.grahamrussell.info

    Graham Russell, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Graham Russell

    Robertwgross Guest

    Graham wrote:
    >I will be travelling from the UK to Silicon Valley in the middle of Feb on a
    >business trip. Given the great exchange rate at the moment I would like to
    >get some new camera gear. Can anyone please recommend dealers worth visiting
    >in the Bay area? I will be staying just south of Mountain View. If necessary
    >I could get up to San Fran, but would prefer not to if possible.

    From Mountain View, you can go slightly north to Palo Alto. There, Keeble &
    Shuchat is a standard for pros. If you go slightly south to Campbell, San Jose
    Camera & Video can be found. I've bought from both places, and neither one is
    cheap.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Graham Russell

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <4005b2e6$0$10058$>,
    "Graham Russell" <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I will be travelling from the UK to Silicon Valley in the middle of Feb on a
    > business trip. Given the great exchange rate at the moment I would like to
    > get some new camera gear. Can anyone please recommend dealers worth visiting
    > in the Bay area? I will be staying just south of Mountain View. If necessary
    > I could get up to San Fran, but would prefer not to if possible.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Graham.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -------------------------------------
    > Graham Russell Photography
    > www.grahamrussell.info

    Lots of good dealers:

    Keeble & Shuchat and Bear Images in Palo Alto, Cameras West is a nice
    trip to Monterey, Monterey Bay Photo near Aptos, Gasser in SF, etc.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Graham Russell

    Tom Thackrey Guest

    On 14-Jan-2004, "Graham Russell" <> wrote:

    > I will be travelling from the UK to Silicon Valley in the middle of Feb on
    > business trip. Given the great exchange rate at the moment I would like to
    > get some new camera gear. Can anyone please recommend dealers worth
    > visiting
    > in the Bay area? I will be staying just south of Mountain View. If
    > necessary
    > I could get up to San Fran, but would prefer not to if possible.

    Personally I like to shop Keeble for selection and San Jose Camera for
    price.

    In order by distance from Mountain View

    San Jose Camera, Campbell - medium selection, good prices
    Kamera Korner, San Jose - small selection, some good prices
    Bear Images, Palo Alto - medium selection, ??? prices
    Keeble & Schuchat, Palo Alto - large selection, high prices
    Calumet, San Francisco - pro selection, pro prices
    Adolf Glasser, San Francisco - large selection, ??? prices

    --
    Tom Thackrey
    www.creative-light.com

    Tom Thackrey, Jan 14, 2004
  5. "Graham Russell" <> writes:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I will be travelling from the UK to Silicon Valley in the middle of Feb on a
    > business trip. Given the great exchange rate at the moment I would like to
    > get some new camera gear. Can anyone please recommend dealers worth visiting
    > in the Bay area? I will be staying just south of Mountain View. If necessary
    > I could get up to San Fran, but would prefer not to if possible.
    >
    > Many thanks,

    I can't comment on Silicon Valley shops, but you might want to check out
    whether the warranty is USA only or world wide.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Graham Russell

    George Guest

    The best, professional type, camera shop in Silicon Valley is Keeble -
    Shuchat in Palo Alto...they actually have a consumer products building and a
    professional products building, a separate floor for darkroom, and a camera
    collection. For price, San Jose Camera in Campbell is worth a stop. Many
    folks also like Adolph Gasser in San Francisco but I have no personal
    experience with them. For used stuff, the Camera Club in Santa Cruz (over
    the mountains, on the coast) is worth a look...if you don't like it, the
    coast is quite photogenic. Enjoy.

    George, Jan 16, 2004