    Walter
    The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
    -

    Iconoclast, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Iconoclast

    Stewy Guest

    "Iconoclast" <> wrote in message
    news:xf6Gb.20943$...
    > I would like to compare two digital P&S cameras. Thought I would just take

    > lot of identical photos with each camera.
    >
    > Are there any principles in taking photos that would help provide a fairly
    > precise comparison?
    >
    > --

    As with most comparison pictures, there should be plenty of detail - high
    contrast detail like wires or a sailing ship rigging as well as low contrast
    detail. This detail should be evident when enlarging on screen to 200% or
    more. Take pictures at full wide-angle and full optical zoom with the
    subject in the centre and at the edge.

    Stewy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Iconoclast

    Bill Guest

    I would suggest a tripod for most accurate results. Also, take indentical
    shots in a variety of lighting conditions, both with and without flash. Use
    full optical zoom, as well as wide angle. If they have movie modes, take
    movies with both cameras, too. Set both cams to various (but matching) ISO
    settings. Try both in their continuous shooting modes. In short, run both
    cameras through a variety of tests, just making sure both are using the same
    settings and conditions. Then.........see what you like/dislike about each.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 24, 2003