    Which is a better camera?

    Please help!!!

    Scott Stuart

    Scott, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Scott

    Musty Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:fOgId.2006$...
    > I need help deciding between 2 digital SLR cameras:
    >
    > Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 300D
    >
    > Which is a better camera?
    >
    > Please help!!!
    >
    > Scott Stuart

    The cameras you are comparing are at different price ranges. Also I will
    assume you dont own any glass, since that would generally steer you to one
    brand/mount.

    The Nikon D70 is "better" if you ignore price - and I am a Canon owner. The
    300D I am sure takes good shots, but the build quality is not as good as D70
    (hence cheaper). If you can spend a little more, get the 20D.

    Musty, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Scott

    Pete D Guest

    "Musty" <> wrote in message

    > "Scott" <> wrote in message
    >> I need help deciding between 2 digital SLR cameras:
    >>
    >> Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 300D
    >>
    >> Which is a better camera?
    >>
    >> Please help!!!
    >>
    >> Scott Stuart
    >>

    > The cameras you are comparing are at different price ranges. Also I will
    > assume you dont own any glass, since that would generally steer you to one
    > brand/mount.
    >
    > The Nikon D70 is "better" if you ignore price - and I am a Canon owner.
    > The
    > 300D I am sure takes good shots, but the build quality is not as good as
    > D70
    > (hence cheaper). If you can spend a little more, get the 20D.

    Or for a bit less for a lot of camera look at the Pentax *ist D and DS, both
    excellent.

    Pete D, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Scott

    Guest Guest

    Since you did not mention price and I have had both cameras (I still have my
    D70), I would definitely recommend the D70. The D70 is an unbelievable
    camera and you can turn it into a fully manual camera which every single
    setting is configurable. The 300D does have some limitations there. I've
    also noticed that the D70 is quicker at taking pictures and there's no
    waiting whatsoever. I've had my D70 for about 1 month now so far and can't
    say one thing bad about it besides the body being plastic and not of a metal
    type. Just don't drop it and it will be safe.

    D70 all the way.

    Guest, Jan 22, 2005