    Where can replacements be obtained?

    thanks,
    Sathyan

    Sathyan Sundaram, Jan 17, 2004

  2. "Sathyan Sundaram" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Nikon 775 digicam (2 yrs old) with a Nikon EN-EL1 battery. I
    > used to be able to charge nearly 2 hours of LCD on taking pictures
    > time before the battery low warning goes on. Now I'm getting only 20
    > min. with the battery freshly charged.
    >
    > Do you think this is a problem with the camera, the battery, or the
    > charger?
    > Where can replacements be obtained?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Sathyan

    The way to find out is to get another battery. It is worthwhile to have a
    spare anyway. I buy batteries from www.thomasdistributing.com.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 17, 2004

  3. (Sathyan Sundaram) writes:

    > I have a Nikon 775 digicam (2 yrs old) with a Nikon EN-EL1 battery. I
    >SNIP<
    > Do you think this is a problem with the camera, the battery, or the
    > charger?
    > Where can replacements be obtained?

    Batteries eventually lose their ability to hold a charge. I have a Maha
    battery charger that "conditions" batteries and will sometimes be able to
    bring a battery back to its old self, but eventually batteries will fail to
    hold a charge. Two years is about the limit.

    I have a ham radio whose battery has just failed and cannot be
    conditioned. A replacement battery will cost from US$60 for
    non-manufacturer replacement to US$110 for a factory replacement. I will
    send the battery instead to PrimeCell which will replace the 650mAh NiCads
    with 750mAh NiMHs for US$27.50 plus $5 shipping. See
    http://www.primecell.com/
    to see if they can rebuild your battery. If not, I have used Thomas
    Distributing, as another poster has recommended. I also agree that a back
    up battery is good to have. (I assume you are at OSU, thus able to use US
    companies without paying for overseas shipping. If you are not in the US,
    check for replacement batteries at stores local to you.)

    Phil Stripling, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Sathyan Sundaram

    Don Coon Guest

    > I have a Nikon 775 digicam (2 yrs old) with a Nikon EN-EL1 battery. I
    > used to be able to charge nearly 2 hours of LCD on taking pictures
    > time before the battery low warning goes on. Now I'm getting only 20
    > min. with the battery freshly charged.
    >
    > Do you think this is a problem with the camera, the battery, or the
    > charger?
    > Where can replacements be obtained?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Sathyan

    You can get En-EL1s cheap on Ebay. Two will cost you less than $20 shipped.
    Look here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2980047590&category=15072

    I've purchased En-EL1s for my 995 and BP-511s for my 10D from them. They
    work just as well as "name brands" at a fraction of the cost. Look at the
    feedback rating too!

    Best of luck!

    Don Coon, Jan 18, 2004