    Who can tell?
    Thank you.
    Saref
    Saref Aref, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Saref Aref

    Guest

    I would guess, if you have a very good lens with a macro, a very good
    camera, a camera stand, and proper lighting, you can photgraph a
    document. But, it will never be as good as even a low cost scanner.

    A scanner is the best for documents. The document is right up against
    the photo pickup.

    Jerry G.
    ======
    , Mar 28, 2005

  3. Saref Aref

    JTJersey Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:43:11 +1000, Saref Aref wrote:

    > Hello to all.
    > Can I use my camera (Internet camera ) as a scanner (written text only ,
    > Not Photo) after I make a picture to this text (not photo ) by the camera?,
    > and I can print this text with the same size? I tried to do so, but I could
    > not.
    > Who can tell?
    > Thank you.
    > Saref

    No matter what you photograph with your camera it's going to be picture
    file in the form of a .jpg, .bmp, mpeg (if a movie) and so on. Same with
    a scanner. If you are trying to save the file as an editable text
    document you need OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Software.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Mar 28, 2005