Camera Advice - Sub-£100 digicam with NO built in memory?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Wright, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    Hello,

    I want to buy a camera for my techno-phobic mother for Christmas (I am in
    the UK), and can't seem to find anything that matches these requirements -
    can anyone suggest:

    2 megapixel minimum
    Under £100
    NO built in memory - must take memory cards (doesn't matter which type)
    Flash
    Some sort of zoom - digital or optical, not important which

    She doesn't have a PC, so it will be a question of taking pics, deleting the
    ones she doesn't want, and trotting down to the local chemist with the
    Memory Card to get her prints - hence why it must NOT have built in memory -
    she isn't intelligent enough to know where her photos are stored!

    The ability to take video clips is not needed either.

    URL's would be good - ta.

    Many thanks,
    David.

    David Wright, Oct 12, 2004

  2. David Wright

    Terence Guest

    Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Camera_Advice_-_Sub-=A3100_dig?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?icam_with_NO_built_in_memory=3F?=

    "David Wright" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to buy a camera for my techno-phobic mother for Christmas (I am in
    > the UK), and can't seem to find anything that matches these requirements -
    > can anyone suggest:
    >
    > 2 megapixel minimum
    > Under £100
    > NO built in memory - must take memory cards (doesn't matter which type)
    > Flash
    > Some sort of zoom - digital or optical, not important which
    >
    > She doesn't have a PC, so it will be a question of taking pics, deleting the
    > ones she doesn't want, and trotting down to the local chemist with the
    > Memory Card to get her prints - hence why it must NOT have built in memory -
    > she isn't intelligent enough to know where her photos are stored!
    >
    > The ability to take video clips is not needed either.
    >
    > URL's would be good - ta.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > David.

    The Canon A60 sounds like it would fit your needs. You should be able
    to find it close to 100GBP.

    Terence

    Terence, Oct 12, 2004

  3. David Wright

    steven Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to buy a camera for my techno-phobic mother for Christmas (I am in
    > the UK), and can't seem to find anything that matches these requirements -
    > can anyone suggest:
    >
    > 2 megapixel minimum
    > Under £100
    > NO built in memory - must take memory cards (doesn't matter which type)
    > Flash
    > Some sort of zoom - digital or optical, not important which
    >
    > She doesn't have a PC, so it will be a question of taking pics, deleting

    the
    > ones she doesn't want, and trotting down to the local chemist with the
    > Memory Card to get her prints - hence why it must NOT have built in

    memory -
    > she isn't intelligent enough to know where her photos are stored!
    >
    > The ability to take video clips is not needed either.

    Canon Powershot A310: http://tinyurl.com/4nbcx
    - 3.2 megapixel
    - from £96
    - CompactFlash