    should I invest the extra and get a D30.

    Thanks in advance

    Mike

    Mike, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Mike

    jean Guest

    Get the 30D, $300 well spent.

    Jean

    "Mike" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news:449ab9d3$0$12720$224.net...
    > Guys
    >
    > I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
    > the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
    > days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20

    or

    jean, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Mike

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:39:28 -0400, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >Guys
    >
    >I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
    >the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
    >days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20 or
    >should I invest the extra and get a D30.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Mike

    I justy made this decision, and I went with the 30D.
    For me, the main advantage is the faster start-up time; with the
    DRebel, after it times off (I had mine set to 8 minutes), I would need
    to wait for the camera to wake up to take another picture; the 30D
    wakes up almost instantly. The larger LCD in back is the next
    advantage.
    The bigest drawback was the new On-Off switch location! It took a
    while to get used to it. :)
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Mike

    [BnH] Guest

    Be careful what you asked for.
    Canon had a D30 and now has a 30D. Both are DSLR, both are good, tho the
    later is better.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Jun 22, 2006
  5. Mike

    Bartok Guest

    30D......... worthwhile improvements........... maybe also more reliable
    over the longer term.

    Bart

    Bartok, Jun 22, 2006
  6. Mike

    J. Clarke Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Guys
    >
    > I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
    > the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
    > days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
    > or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

    What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?

    Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Jun 22, 2006
  7. Hi Mike,
    Before you decide which body to buy check that your lenses either
    cover the range or are of the quality you want.
    The $300 difference could possibly be better put towards upgrading the
    glass than investing in a few extra bells or whistles - assuming that
    they aren't essential.
    Remember - it is the lens that decides the picture (mostly)

    I am in a similar position and have gone for the glass.

    Allan

    Allan Sheppard, Jun 22, 2006
  8. Mike

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:42:07 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >Mike wrote:
    >
    >> Guys
    >>
    >> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
    >> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
    >> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
    >> or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

    >What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?
    >
    >Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

    The natural assumption would be that he's referring to the 30D, since
    the D30 is a 3MP camera, and inferior to the Digital Rebel in so many
    ways.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Jun 23, 2006
  9. > I justy made this decision, and I went with the 30D.
    > For me, the main advantage is the faster start-up time; with the
    > DRebel, after it times off (I had mine set to 8 minutes), I would need
    > to wait for the camera to wake up to take another picture; the 30D
    > wakes up almost instantly.

    Just to clarify that: the 30D has a much faster startup time than the
    Rebel. I seem to recall that the 30D has a startup time that is faster
    than the 20D, but since the 20D figure is already just a fraction of a
    second this is irrelevant to the OP's 30D vs 20D decision.

    Derek Fountain, Jun 23, 2006
  10. Mike

    J. Clarke Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:42:07 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mike wrote:
    >>
    >>> Guys
    >>>
    >>> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking
    >>> of the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon
    >>> film days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying
    >>> the D20 or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

    >>What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?
    >>
    >>Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

    > The natural assumption would be that he's referring to the 30D, since
    > the D30 is a 3MP camera, and inferior to the Digital Rebel in so many
    > ways.

    That might be the "natural assumption" but one must be careful when one
    ass-u-me-s anything. If the OP goes out and buys a D30 he's likely to be
    mightily disappointed, especially if he pays a 30D price for it.

    J. Clarke, Jun 23, 2006