Camera acting as Web Camera wont read images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by geoffatmhg, May 14, 2005.

  1. geoffatmhg

    geoffatmhg Guest

    I have had and used for some time a Fuji F601 Zoom.

    Today it went crazy. Every time I switch it on in its cradle, the lens opens
    and it acts as a video conference link or a web camera. It fails to
    recognise any images on the smart card although works perfectly out of its
    cradle as a camera showing me images I have taken

    I am running Windows XP Home with SP2 and have never had a problem with it
    before.

    When switched on in its cradle, I get a message that it is "Starting up
    Picture Hello" My Zonealarm Firewall tells me that Windows Net Meeting is
    trying to act as a server and the program responsible is conf.exe.

    I have uninstalled the Fuji drivers and viewing software and re-installed to
    no avail.

    Also I notice that although Windows recognises "New Hardware" I has not
    allocated a drive letter for the camera as I believe it did previously.

    Has anyone any ideas please.

    TIA

    Geoff
    --
    Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
    geoffatmhg, May 14, 2005

  2. geoffatmhg

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:53:38 +0000 (UTC), geoffatmhg wrote:

    > When switched on in its cradle, I get a message that it is "Starting up
    > Picture Hello" My Zonealarm Firewall tells me that Windows Net Meeting is
    > trying to act as a server and the program responsible is conf.exe.
    >
    > I have uninstalled the Fuji drivers and viewing software and re-installed to
    > no avail.

    It sounds like your computer has been configured to allow using the
    Fuji as a web camera, and the camera is contributing to the problem.
    You or someone else probably used it recently as a web cam, not
    necessarily with your computer. I have a different Fuji camera, and
    while I've never used it as a web cam, the manual shows that there's
    a menu option to turn the camera's DSC (mass storage device, aka
    flash card) mode off, and enable Web Cam mode instead. See if you
    can find a similar option in your camera's setup menu, which should
    allow you to return it back to normal functionality.
    ASAAR, May 14, 2005

  3. geoffatmhg

    geoffatmhg Guest

    Thanks for your help. There is a reset option which has cured the problem.

    I am grateful for your advice.

    Geoff

    geoffatmhg, May 14, 2005
  4. geoffatmhg

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:14:41 +0000 (UTC), geoffatmhg wrote:

    > Thanks for your help.

    You're welcome.
    ASAAR, May 15, 2005