    Ben
    www.haaspowerair.com
    , Nov 21, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi gang. I am a newbie to digital camcorders and looking for some
    > feedback on what cams are the best buy for my application. I need
    > good resolution with good audio to do some recordings of my
    > experimental plane. Both from the ground and in the cockpit. I am
    > guessing in the 500-1000 dollar range and it needs to have a rather
    > large storage media. All feed back would be greatful...
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Whatever you get, ensure that it has optical image stabilization. Most
    of the low end camcorders have only electronic image stabilization,
    which should be avoided.

    Panasonic seems to have brought back optical image stabilization on a
    lot of their models.

    Canon has both types of systems, but doesn't make it easy to find them,
    see
    "http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=CanonAdvantageTopicDtlAct&id=6875"
    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Nov 21, 9:05 am, SMS $B;[h\J8(B* $B2F(B <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi gang. I am a newbie to digital camcorders and looking for some
    > > feedback on what cams are the best buy for my application. I need
    > > good resolution with good audio to do some recordings of my
    > > experimental plane. Both from the ground and in the cockpit. I am
    > > guessing in the 500-1000 dollar range and it needs to have a rather
    > > large storage media. All feed back would be greatful...

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Whatever you get, ensure that it has optical image stabilization. Most
    > of the low end camcorders have only electronic image stabilization,
    > which should be avoided.
    >
    > Panasonic seems to have brought back optical image stabilization on a
    > lot of their models.
    >
    > Canon has both types of systems, but doesn't make it easy to find them,
    > see
    > "http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=CanonAdvantageTopicD..."

    Thanks.......
    , Nov 22, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi gang. I am a newbie to digital camcorders and looking for some
    > feedback on what cams are the best buy for my application. I need
    > good resolution with good audio to do some recordings of my
    > experimental plane. Both from the ground and in the cockpit. I am
    > guessing in the 500-1000 dollar range and it needs to have a rather
    > large storage media. All feed back would be greatful...

    Best asked in one of the video NGs, but since you are here, here goes...
    Since you are shooting in fairly bright light only, why not get an HDTV
    camcorder that will shoot both SD Mini-DV and HD? The best right now
    appears to be the tiny Canon HV20 for about $800 (+ accessories) at
    www.bhphotovideo.com (a very reliable dealer). It uses Mini-DV tapes
    which record up to 1.5 hours - and tapes are the most reliable and best
    for archiving footage (both raw and edited), and have the highest quality
    image (of tape, HD, and DVD capture options). The Canon WA made
    for this camera would be a useful accessory, in addition to one or two
    Canon medium-capacity batteries (I avoid off-brand li-ion batteries...).
    A Hoya 43mm single-coated UV filter for lens protection (remove it
    when putting on the WA) would be a good idea. Ulead Media Studio
    Pro (about $100) can be used for editing the HD or SD and Windows
    Movie Maker (free) can be used for SD - and both can dump the edited
    video back to tapes in the camcorder for storage and showing (or you
    can write SD or HD DVDs in the computer for showing the videos).
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.donferrario.com/ruether
    David Ruether, Nov 24, 2007