    I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
    2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
    need to get thankyou for any help given

    billbo68, Aug 9, 2003

  2. billbo68

    paul s Guest

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:26:27 +0100, billbo68 wrote:

    > I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
    > 2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
    > need to get thankyou for any help given

    Go here:
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/Category.asp?Category_ID=1&Langue_ID=7

    --
    Paul S
    - Polygon: A dead parrot (sorry, John Clese!) -

    paul s, Aug 9, 2003

  3. billbo68

    MrToad Guest

    billbo68 wrote:

    > I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
    > 2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
    > need to get thankyou for any help given

    You'll need:

    A stand alone video capture card or a video card that has this
    capability, [I use the Gainward GeForce 4800se, works great].

    Cabling: You can use regular RCA sound cables for your input.

    Video capture software, if you're using XP, MS Moviemaker can do it, or
    go get Virtual Dub, [better].

    Then use MS Moviemaker or some other software to author and save your video.

    HTH

    MrToad

    MrToad, Aug 9, 2003