    to wait for ATT to upgrade , perhaps the firmware? If there's an
    upgrade coming, anyone have any idea when?

    Thanks.

    MSA, Sep 16, 2004

  2. "MSA" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I share a DSL line with several users, and am wondering if there's
    >any
    > way i'll be able to use Callvantage behind the router. Or do I
    > have
    > to wait for ATT to upgrade , perhaps the firmware? If there's an
    > upgrade coming, anyone have any idea when?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have the ATT Callvantage Service using the Linksys RT41P2-AD
    router with VoIP. I also have a Zoom X5 combination ADSL
    modem/router. At first I connected the TA after the Zoom router
    because I did not want to buy another standalone ADSL modem. I
    could receive calls but I got no feedback on outgoing calls except
    dial tone. There was no ringing sound or busy sound. I tried
    calling my landline and cellular phone so the calls were getting
    through. I got help from Zoom on how to make the X5 a simple modem
    so I now use the RT41P2-AD as my router. You could place your
    existing router downstream from the TA on a different subnet.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Earl F. Parrish, Dec 18, 2004