    free web based pbxs?

    Thanks
    Roger.
    Roger, Jan 1, 2007

  2. Roger

    RH Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    news:L7fmh.67345$...
    > Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and use
    > the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
    > number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of the
    > free web based pbxs?

    Depends exactly what your after? if it is to the same number all the time,
    some ATA and providers all for call diversion. If your looking to dial in
    and enter a number to call, no ATA units do this which i can think about,
    but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX software

    Some VOIP providers also have geographic numbers you can call where you
    enter your destination and charge calls to your VOIP account (it knows who
    to charge by the CID of the mobile used)
    RH, Jan 1, 2007

  3. Roger

    Herman Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message

    > If your looking to dial in and enter a number to call, no ATA units do
    > this which i can think about, but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX
    > software

    Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get it to
    work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
    Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned though.
    Herman, Jan 1, 2007
  4. Roger

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:40:12 GMT, "Herman"
    <> wrote:

    >"RH" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> If your looking to dial in and enter a number to call, no ATA units do
    >> this which i can think about, but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX
    >> software

    >Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get it to
    >work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
    >Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned though.

    The SPA-3000 is specified to do this. Dial into the PSTN number and
    dial out via VoIP. I have never tried this as I don't have a landline.
    However, with the ATAs you have listed, I can't see how it would be
    possible. As stated, you can use a Trixbox or, alternatively, use
    EasyPABX.com. They are no longer free - they make a small monthly
    charge per extension. You wouldn't need an extension to do this so it
    should be free - but then it depends what they define as an extension.
    They might expect a minimum charge, I think it was about £2/extension
    but not sure. It may be worth an email.
    You don't say what your application is for this. There are various
    callthrough numbers that can be used or, if you want to access a SIP
    number, there are the sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 2, 2007
  5. Roger

    Roger Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:40:12 GMT, "Herman"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"RH" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> If your looking to dial in and enter a number to call, no ATA units do
    >>> this which i can think about, but can be done with Trixbox or othe
    >>> IP-PBX
    >>> software

    >>Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get it
    >>work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
    >>Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned
    >>though.
    >>

    > The SPA-3000 is specified to do this. Dial into the PSTN number and
    > dial out via VoIP. I have never tried this as I don't have a landline.
    > However, with the ATAs you have listed, I can't see how it would be
    > possible. As stated, you can use a Trixbox or, alternatively, use
    > EasyPABX.com. They are no longer free - they make a small monthly
    > charge per extension. You wouldn't need an extension to do this so it
    > should be free - but then it depends what they define as an extension.
    > They might expect a minimum charge, I think it was about £2/extension
    > but not sure. It may be worth an email.
    > You don't say what your application is for this. There are various
    > callthrough numbers that can be used or, if you want to access a SIP
    > number, there are the sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Hi
    what I want to do is use my Sip account (which I use for business calls)
    from my mobile when abroad (I can ring my UK sip numbers in my inclusive
    minutes from a lot of countries). I will then only have one business phone
    bill each month which is lot easier to maintain.
    Roger, Jan 2, 2007
  6. Roger

    Linker3000 Guest

    Roger wrote:

    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:40:12 GMT, "Herman"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "RH" <> wrote in message

    >>> Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get
    >>> it to
    >>> work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
    >>> Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned
    >>> though.
    >>>

    >> The SPA-3000 is specified to do this. Dial into the PSTN number and
    >> dial out via VoIP. I have never tried this as I don't have a landline.
    >> However, with the ATAs you have listed, I can't see how it would be
    >> possible. As stated, you can use a Trixbox or, alternatively, use
    >> EasyPABX.com. They are no longer free - they make a small monthly
    >> charge per extension. You wouldn't need an extension to do this so it
    >> should be free - but then it depends what they define as an extension.
    >> They might expect a minimum charge, I think it was about £2/extension
    >> but not sure. It may be worth an email.
    >> You don't say what your application is for this. There are various
    >> callthrough numbers that can be used or, if you want to access a SIP
    >> number, there are the sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Hi
    > what I want to do is use my Sip account (which I use for business calls)
    > from my mobile when abroad (I can ring my UK sip numbers in my inclusive
    > minutes from a lot of countries). I will then only have one business
    > phone bill each month which is lot easier to maintain.

    Have a read about the DISA feature in Trixbox - we are going to use it
    so that our mobile phone users can dial in to our VoIP server and enter
    a PIN to get a dial tone. Coupled with the fact that the inboudn number
    will be one of our nominated free-to-call numbers...!!
    Linker3000, Jan 2, 2007
  7. Roger

    Tim Bray Guest

    Roger wrote:
    > Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and
    > use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
    > number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of
    > the free web based pbxs?

    voipfone offer this as a service.

    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/FP_Voipfone_For_Mobile_Customers.php

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Jan 2, 2007
  8. Roger

    Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:59:17 +0000, Tim Bray <>
    wrote:

    >Roger wrote:
    >> Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and
    >> use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
    >> number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of
    >> the free web based pbxs?
    >>

    >voipfone offer this as a service.
    >
    >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/FP_Voipfone_For_Mobile_Customers.php
    >
    >Tim

    And very good it is to .
    , Jan 3, 2007
  9. Roger

    Roger Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:59:17 +0000, Tim Bray <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Roger wrote:
    >>> Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and
    >>> use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
    >>> number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of
    >>> the free web based pbxs?
    >>>

    >>voipfone offer this as a service.
    >>
    >>http://www.voipfone.co.uk/FP_Voipfone_For_Mobile_Customers.php
    >>
    >>Tim

    > And very good it is to .

    have managed to get it working with pbxes using my existing providers - it
    hadnt worked before but I think it was a timing issue with registraion.
    Roger, Jan 3, 2007