    90222 or something like that - just 5 digits, no leading zero.

    Anyone know who it is? Have answered a couple and there was noone there,
    telecom dont want to know about it.
    Richard, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Richard

    PaulW Guest

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 02:48:43 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >Mum has had several calls where messages are not left, caller id was
    >90222 or something like that - just 5 digits, no leading zero.
    >
    >Anyone know who it is? Have answered a couple and there was noone there,
    >telecom dont want to know about it.

    Know of someone that had the same problem it was a timelife call back
    Came up on id as 99999 ? Any way alot of telemarketers seem to use
    some kind of dialer Phone rings you pick up no one there If you wait
    someone will answer you when they come free or they ring you back
    We were getting a lot of those type of calls Wife waited and told them
    she was *&^%$! at all the calls and to take us of thier list We had no
    spam calls for weeks

    -Paul
    PaulW, Aug 4, 2007

  3. In message <>, PaulW wrote:

    > Any way alot of telemarketers seem to use
    > some kind of dialer Phone rings you pick up no one there If you wait
    > someone will answer you when they come free ...

    Predictive dialler, not doing a good job of predicting...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 5, 2007
  4. In article <>, says...
    > We were getting a lot of those type of calls Wife waited and told them
    > she was *&^%$! at all the calls and to take us of thier list We had no
    > spam calls for weeks

    Yeah, I am starting to get *really* pissed off at those people. Beggars on
    street corners are not much fun, beggars coming into my house to badger me sure
    get my goat. Especially since they always seem to call when I am either in the
    middle of cooking or just sat down for a meal.
    Last couple of times I got quite short and snappy with those guys. >;(
    'Riding for the disabled', my fat foot.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Aug 5, 2007