    If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?

    Mant thanks
    Karl

    Beds, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Beds wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are there any
    > operators that allow me to use my anytime minutes to phone the USA
    > cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    >
    > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    >
    > Mant thanks
    > Karl

    Voipfone have a service where you dial a london number and it uses the
    CLID from your phone to reference your account.

    As soon as you get through it gives you another dialtone to make calls
    with at their usual rates. (1.1p/min for USA).

    There are other services where you dial a voip mobile number, but they
    are only covered by inclusive minutes on some networks.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Beds

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Beds" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are
    > there any operators that allow me to use my anytime
    > minutes to phone the USA cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    >
    > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    >
    > Mant thanks
    > Karl

    Try asking in uk.telecom.mobile.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    Beds wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are there any
    > operators that allow me to use my anytime minutes to phone the USA
    > cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    >
    > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    >
    > Mant thanks
    > Karl

    You could call for nearly free. With Asterisk (Trixbox would be easier)
    you could setup a UK number (free from sipgate or orbtalk) to dial into
    and give yourself a dialtone based on your callerID. Then you could
    dial the States for up to 300 minutes a week free on the Betamax
    companies. 1 eurocent/min thereafter.

    You don't need a dedicated machine to do this as you could use
    nerdvittles vmware version of Trixbox (on an XP machine) which comes
    preconfigured with nearly all you want to do.

    Not necessarily the best solution, but dead cheap.

    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Beds

    Guest

    It seems today that they have removed the 300 minutes per week of free
    calls a real pain as I just added credit to get the free calls!

    paul123 wrote:
    > Beds wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are there any
    > > operators that allow me to use my anytime minutes to phone the USA
    > > cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    > >
    > > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    > >
    > > Mant thanks
    > > Karl

    > You could call for nearly free. With Asterisk (Trixbox would be easier)
    > you could setup a UK number (free from sipgate or orbtalk) to dial into
    > and give yourself a dialtone based on your callerID. Then you could
    > dial the States for up to 300 minutes a week free on the Betamax
    > companies. 1 eurocent/min thereafter.
    >
    > You don't need a dedicated machine to do this as you could use
    > nerdvittles vmware version of Trixbox (on an XP machine) which comes
    > preconfigured with nearly all you want to do.
    >
    > Not necessarily the best solution, but dead cheap.

    , Aug 29, 2006
  6. Beds

    paul123 wrote:
    > Beds wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are there any
    > > operators that allow me to use my anytime minutes to phone the USA
    > > cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    > >
    > > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    > >
    > > Mant thanks
    > > Karl

    > You could call for nearly free. With Asterisk (Trixbox would be easier)
    > you could setup a UK number (free from sipgate or orbtalk) to dial into
    > and give yourself a dialtone based on your callerID. Then you could
    > dial the States for up to 300 minutes a week free on the Betamax
    > companies. 1 eurocent/min thereafter.
    >
    > You don't need a dedicated machine to do this as you could use
    > nerdvittles vmware version of Trixbox (on an XP machine) which comes
    > preconfigured with nearly all you want to do.
    >
    > Not necessarily the best solution, but dead cheap.

    , Aug 29, 2006
  7. Beds

    paul123 wrote:
    > Beds wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I am on a 600min anytime package on my mobile phone. Are there any
    > > operators that allow me to use my anytime minutes to phone the USA
    > > cheaply (1-2p per min) ?
    > >
    > > If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?
    > >
    > > Mant thanks
    > > Karl

    > You could call for nearly free. With Asterisk (Trixbox would be easier)
    > you could setup a UK number (free from sipgate or orbtalk) to dial into
    > and give yourself a dialtone based on your callerID. Then you could
    > dial the States for up to 300 minutes a week free on the Betamax
    > companies. 1 eurocent/min thereafter.
    >
    > You don't need a dedicated machine to do this as you could use
    > nerdvittles vmware version of Trixbox (on an XP machine) which comes
    > preconfigured with nearly all you want to do.
    >
    > Not necessarily the best solution, but dead cheap.

    , Aug 29, 2006
  8. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    wrote:
    > It seems today that they have removed the 300 minutes per week of free
    > calls a real pain as I just added credit to get the free calls!

    Which site? I just checked voipbuster, voipdiscount, voipstunt,
    freecall and internetcalls - they ALL have the 300 minutes notice on
    each page AND they all have free calls to the USA (inc mobiles). I gave
    up after those 5......

    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  9. Beds

    Guest

    Sorry it was VoipCheap that I use and it they have made all the calls
    that were free 1p/Minute on their rates page

    paul123 wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > It seems today that they have removed the 300 minutes per week of free
    > > calls a real pain as I just added credit to get the free calls!
    > >

    > Which site? I just checked voipbuster, voipdiscount, voipstunt,
    > freecall and internetcalls - they ALL have the 300 minutes notice on
    > each page AND they all have free calls to the USA (inc mobiles). I gave
    > up after those 5......

    , Aug 30, 2006
  10. Beds

    Lone_star

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Lone_star, Aug 30, 2006
  11. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    wrote:
    > Sorry it was VoipCheap that I use and it they have made all the calls
    > that were free 1p/Minute on their rates page
    >
    > paul123 wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > It seems today that they have removed the 300 minutes per week of free
    > > > calls a real pain as I just added credit to get the free calls!
    > > >

    > > Which site? I just checked voipbuster, voipdiscount, voipstunt,
    > > freecall and internetcalls - they ALL have the 300 minutes notice on
    > > each page AND they all have free calls to the USA (inc mobiles). I gave
    > > up after those 5......

    Crikey! Sorry Eskdale. I've just been back to those sites and whilst it
    says free on the start page, the rates page states 1cent/min for the UK
    on all but voipdiscount. Bit sneaky imho.

    paul123, Aug 30, 2006
  12. paul123 wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Sorry it was VoipCheap that I use and it they have made all the calls
    >> that were free 1p/Minute on their rates page
    >>
    >> paul123 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Which site? I just checked voipbuster, voipdiscount, voipstunt,
    >>> freecall and internetcalls - they ALL have the 300 minutes notice on
    >>> each page AND they all have free calls to the USA (inc mobiles). I gave
    >>> up after those 5......

    > Crikey! Sorry Eskdale. I've just been back to those sites and whilst it
    > says free on the start page, the rates page states 1cent/min for the UK
    > on all but voipdiscount. Bit sneaky imho.

    I still like the look of the voiptalk service, admittedly you need to
    pay for the calls but their Ts and Cs appear to be more reliable than
    the Betamax companies.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 30, 2006
  13. paul123 wrote:

    of free

    I gave

    > > Crikey! Sorry Eskdale. I've just been back to those sites and whilst it
    > > says free on the start page, the rates page states 1cent/min for the UK
    > > on all but voipdiscount. Bit sneaky imho.

    I still like the look of the voipfone service, admittedly you need to

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 30, 2006