calling Imacon Precision II users!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nobody Nowhere, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. Any Imacon Precision II users still alive out there? In this case, I
    have about one million questions, and here are the first few:-

    What is the latest software available? (The CD I received is Colorflex,
    on which somebody wrote in longhand Mac: 1.9.5 and PC 1.9.2)

    How often do you use the focusing slide?

    I seem unable to have the scanner use Adobe Photoshop (1998) (it is not
    on the list) as its working space. The ICC for the scanner is at
    present "none". However, Photoshop always asks me to convert to its own
    working space (which is Adobe PS 1998), in which case, does it matter?

    Is there any software out there similar to Nikon's 8000 ICE, which I
    could use with the Precision II?

    Where could I get film holders etc. a little cheaper? On this side of
    the pond, the approach is "no prisoners" when it comes to photo
    equipment of any kind!

    Are there any advantages in using a MAC as opposed to a Windows machine?

    Any problems, comments?

    Thanks in advance for informed answers, in particular from people who
    hae already used the machine.
    --
    nobody

    Nobody Nowhere, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Nobody Nowhere

    freaky-deaky Guest

    "Nobody Nowhere" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > Is there any software out there similar to Nikon's 8000 ICE, which I could
    > use with the Precision II?

    ICE is hardware based, incorporating an infrared channel in addition to RGB.
    Your best bet is the Polaroid Dust and Scratch Removal plugin. It's free
    and does a respectable job.

    --
    Regards,
    Matt Clara

    freaky-deaky, Jan 15, 2005

  3. In message <>, freaky-deaky
    <> writes
    >"Nobody Nowhere" <> wrote in message
    >
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> Is there any software out there similar to Nikon's 8000 ICE, which I could
    >> use with the Precision II?

    >ICE is hardware based, incorporating an infrared channel in addition to RGB.
    >Your best bet is the Polaroid Dust and Scratch Removal plugin. It's free
    >and does a respectable job.

    Thank you very much.
    Nobody

    --