    geographic numbers are.

    Does anyone know if this person from Orange has got it right? I was
    surprised at their answer!

    elziko, Aug 20, 2006

  2. elziko

    Graham Guest

    "elziko" <> wrote in message
    news:VsVFg.6008$...
    > We've just been told by someone from Orange that a UK geographic VOIP
    > number (0117) would not be included in inclusive minutes just as all other
    > geographic numbers are.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this person from Orange has got it right? I was
    > surprised at their answer!

    What I am intrigued to know is, what made you think that they weren't
    included, that prompted you to ask Orange the question in the first place?

    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 20, 2006

  3. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Graham wrote:
    > What I am intrigued to know is, what made you think that they weren't
    > included, that prompted you to ask Orange the question in the first
    > place?

    Since I setup our VOIP phone my girlfriend's mum has stopped calling. Turns
    out she's scared that it'll cost her a fortune on her Orange mobile so I
    thought I'd confirm that it's just treated as any other geographic number.

    Just called Orange again and the person we spoke to was much more helpful.
    She said she'd find out and call us back. When she called back her answer
    was that no-one knew and they couldn't tell us how much it costed.

    elziko, Aug 20, 2006
  4. elziko

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:56:29 GMT, "elziko" <> wrote:

    >Graham wrote:
    >> What I am intrigued to know is, what made you think that they weren't
    >> included, that prompted you to ask Orange the question in the first
    >> place?

    >Since I setup our VOIP phone my girlfriend's mum has stopped calling. Turns
    >out she's scared that it'll cost her a fortune on her Orange mobile so I
    >thought I'd confirm that it's just treated as any other geographic number.

    It is technophobia. I remember a time when I would tell people of LCR
    operators to save money on phone calls. They often used to say ' is it
    legal?'. Many people are just frightened of anything new.
    What people don't understand they fear.
    There can be no just reason why calling a voip phone geographic should
    be any different to callng a standard geographic phone.
    The whole point of geo voip numbers is so that they can have the same
    access status as standard geo landline numbers.

    >Just called Orange again and the person we spoke to was much more helpful.
    >She said she'd find out and call us back. When she called back her answer
    >was that no-one knew and they couldn't tell us how much it costed.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 20, 2006
  5. elziko

    Nick B. Guest

    elziko wrote:
    > We've just been told by someone from Orange that a UK geographic VOIP number
    > (0117) would not be included in inclusive minutes just as all other
    > geographic numbers are.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this person from Orange has got it right? I was
    > surprised at their answer!

    I call Sipgate and other geographic VOIP numbers from my Orange ED50
    account - they come out of my inclusive minutes. Perhaps OCS were
    thinking of the BT broadband (055) and such numbers?

    --
    Nick B.

    Nick B., Aug 20, 2006
  6. elziko

    alexd Guest

    elziko wrote:

    > We've just been told by someone from Orange that a UK geographic VOIP
    > number (0117) would not be included in inclusive minutes just as all other
    > geographic numbers are.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this person from Orange has got it right? I was
    > surprised at their answer!

    How would Orange know that it's a VoIP number you're calling, in order to
    charge you more for it? I presume the person you spoke to has been told to
    be paranoid w.r.t. VoIP, as 05n numbers appear to be treated differently
    to 01/02 numbers.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    13:27:59 up 26 days, 18:50, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.25, 0.30

    alexd, Aug 20, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh elziko:
    > We've just been told by someone from Orange that a UK geographic VOIP
    > number (0117) would not be included in inclusive minutes just as all
    > other geographic numbers are.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this person from Orange has got it right? I was
    > surprised at their answer!

    If it's an 01 or 02 number that is being called, then whether it is a BT
    number, Cable number or VoIP number makes no difference.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 20, 2006