Calling any users of ASUS A7V8X-X

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by buffy, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. buffy

    buffy Guest

    If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    if you've had any memory problems.

    Thanks
     
    buffy, Oct 17, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. buffy

    PJB Guest

    "buffy" <> wrote in
    message news:bmp0jq$9jj$...
    > If you are using this board could you tell me please what

    RAM your using and
    > if you've had any memory problems.


    My son has one of these, and had endless problems initially
    with memory. He currently has a single 512 stick of SDram
    333 memory, if you use the 400 memory, I believe it has to
    be dual-channel

    P.
     
    PJB, Oct 17, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. buffy

    Harrison Guest

    www.crucial.com
    That's all you need to know.

    Oh yeah, I can't remember if I'm having any memory problems :)

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:07:35 +0100, "buffy"
    <> wrote:

    >If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    >if you've had any memory problems.
    >
    >Thanks
    >


    Now on Skype:windowshelp
     
    Harrison, Oct 17, 2003
    #3
  4. buffy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Just curious, how does the 'nothanksonthespam' in your addy reduce or
    eliminate spam being sent to gainpro.com?

    Harrison wrote:
    >
    > www.crucial.com
    > That's all you need to know.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I can't remember if I'm having any memory problems :)
    >
    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:07:35 +0100, "buffy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    > >if you've had any memory problems.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >

    >
    > Now on Skype:windowshelp
     
    SgtMinor, Oct 17, 2003
    #4
  5. buffy

    Harrison Guest

    I hope it doesn't reduce or eliminate Spam sent to them at all.
    If they're still in existence, they are (were) the plague of the
    Internet with their member enlargement spams.

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:06:12 -0400, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Just curious, how does the 'nothanksonthespam' in your addy reduce or
    >eliminate spam being sent to gainpro.com?
    >
    >Harrison wrote:
    >>
    >> www.crucial.com
    >> That's all you need to know.
    >>
    >> Oh yeah, I can't remember if I'm having any memory problems :)
    >>
    >> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:07:35 +0100, "buffy"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    >> >if you've had any memory problems.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks
    >> >

    >>
    >> Now on Skype:windowshelp


    Now on Skype:windowshelp
     
    Harrison, Oct 17, 2003
    #5
  6. buffy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Spam is spam, whether it's caused by an evil entity that's trying to
    sell you something, or a nice person like yourself. Obviously, you post
    with this addy to have spambots harvest it and use it. But there are a
    couple of issues.

    First, you are lowering yourself to the spammer's level. You are
    fighting abuse with abuse and the world abounds with examples that
    attest to the foolishness of such a strategy. And you are helping more
    spam to be generated.

    Second, this form of 'punishment' is likely to hit more than merely the
    guilty party. How do you know that only gainpro.com is inconvenienced
    by this? Might there be any innocent third parties affected by your
    efforts? Consider too that GainPro is a trademarked product name.

    IMHO, you can't have it both ways. 'nothanksonthespam' is inconsistent
    with feeding spambots. Munge your addy and find a better way to deal
    with the spam that seems to annoy you so much.

    Harrison wrote:
    >
    > I hope it doesn't reduce or eliminate Spam sent to them at all.
    > If they're still in existence, they are (were) the plague of the
    > Internet with their member enlargement spams.
    >
    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:06:12 -0400, SgtMinor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Just curious, how does the 'nothanksonthespam' in your addy reduce or
    > >eliminate spam being sent to gainpro.com?
    > >
    > >Harrison wrote:
    > >>
    > >> www.crucial.com
    > >> That's all you need to know.
    > >>
    > >> Oh yeah, I can't remember if I'm having any memory problems :)
    > >>
    > >> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:07:35 +0100, "buffy"
    > >> <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    > >> >if you've had any memory problems.
    > >> >
    > >> >Thanks
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >> Now on Skype:windowshelp

    >
    > Now on Skype:windowshelp
     
    SgtMinor, Oct 17, 2003
    #6
  7. buffy

    Harrison Guest

    Well, thanks for the advice...uhm lecture, but I'll leave it as it is
    for now. It seems to be working.

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:29:25 -0400, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Spam is spam, whether it's caused by an evil entity that's trying to
    >sell you something, or a nice person like yourself. Obviously, you post
    >with this addy to have spambots harvest it and use it. But there are a
    >couple of issues.
    >
    >First, you are lowering yourself to the spammer's level. You are
    >fighting abuse with abuse and the world abounds with examples that
    >attest to the foolishness of such a strategy. And you are helping more
    >spam to be generated.
    >
    >Second, this form of 'punishment' is likely to hit more than merely the
    >guilty party. How do you know that only gainpro.com is inconvenienced
    >by this? Might there be any innocent third parties affected by your
    >efforts? Consider too that GainPro is a trademarked product name.
    >
    >IMHO, you can't have it both ways. 'nothanksonthespam' is inconsistent
    >with feeding spambots. Munge your addy and find a better way to deal
    >with the spam that seems to annoy you so much.
    >
    >Harrison wrote:
    >>
    >> I hope it doesn't reduce or eliminate Spam sent to them at all.
    >> If they're still in existence, they are (were) the plague of the
    >> Internet with their member enlargement spams.
    >>
    >> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:06:12 -0400, SgtMinor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Just curious, how does the 'nothanksonthespam' in your addy reduce or
    >> >eliminate spam being sent to gainpro.com?
    >> >
    >> >Harrison wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> www.crucial.com
    >> >> That's all you need to know.
    >> >>
    >> >> Oh yeah, I can't remember if I'm having any memory problems :)
    >> >>
    >> >> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:07:35 +0100, "buffy"
    >> >> <> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >If you are using this board could you tell me please what RAM your using and
    >> >> >if you've had any memory problems.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >Thanks
    >> >> >
    >> >>
    >> >> Now on Skype:windowshelp

    >>
    >> Now on Skype:windowshelp


    Now on Skype:windowshelp
     
    Harrison, Oct 17, 2003
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. BIGEYE

    Asus A7V8X-X Motherboard Help

    BIGEYE, May 14, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,576
    BIGEYE
    May 15, 2004
  2. Martik
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    647
    Ron Martell
    Feb 11, 2005
  3. D

    Re: Asus A7V8X problems

    D, Aug 7, 2003, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,826
    Lenny
    Aug 7, 2003
  4. Patrick Dunford
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,423
  5. Unknown

    linux & asus a7v8x-mx

    Unknown, Jul 14, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    816
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    Jul 19, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page