    Does anyone remember the command to load that file back into (screen)
    memory?

    Thanks
    Jack B. Pollack, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    beenthere Guest

    "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote in message
    news:rvxfh.49256$-nyc.rr.com...
    >I just came across some of my old disks from my 8086 computer (20 years
    > old). The disks are still readable and there are several "screen dumps"
    > that
    > I had done either from DOS 2 or from BASIC v1.1, I don't remember which
    > one.
    >
    > There was a command (gdump?) you could issue followed by the memory
    > locations to dump to a file.
    > Something like: "command 15360-16383 outputfile"
    >
    > Does anyone remember the command to load that file back into (screen)
    > memory?
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm

    http://www.nukesoft.co.uk/msdos/a-z.php

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Thanks, but not seeing any commands that transfer file to memory.
    Anyone remember?

    Jack B. Pollack, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Jack B. Pollack

    > Thanks, but not seeing any commands that transfer file to memory.
    > Anyone remember?

    Snipped for speed.

    The dump you got Jack is just the data that was stored
    in memory, by the program you used to create it.
    So there`s no way you can dump it back into
    screen memory and view it.

    You`d have to incorporate The data into a program,
    and let that program load and run it.

    Try viewing one of the files in Wordpad.
    You`ll see that they are just numbers.

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Dec 12, 2006
  5. Jack B. Pollack

    Ingeborg Guest

    Jack B. Pollack wrote:

    > I just came across some of my old disks from my 8086 computer (20
    > years old). The disks are still readable and there are several "screen
    > dumps" that I had done either from DOS 2 or from BASIC v1.1, I don't
    > remember which one.
    >
    > There was a command (gdump?) you could issue followed by the memory
    > locations to dump to a file.
    > Something like: "command 15360-16383 outputfile"
    >
    > Does anyone remember the command to load that file back into (screen)
    > memory?

    Debug should be able to do so.

    Debug <enter>
    rcs <enter>
    b000 <enter>
    n A:\dumpfile <enter>
    l 0 <enter>

    if I remember well.
    Ingeborg, Dec 12, 2006
  6. Thanks for your post. I actually did a screen memory dump (don't remember
    the command, that is what my post is about). There was either a DOS or Basic
    command that you could use to dump specific segments of memory to a file.
    Then use the reverse command to load memory with the data from the file.

    Jack B. Pollack, Dec 13, 2006
  7. Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Dec 13, 2006
  8. Figured it out "BLOAD" "BSAVE"