    one, and Telecom credit card calls don't work with 0900 numbers.

    Thanks
    -J

    John Doe, Nov 15, 2005

  2. John Doe

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a way to call 0900 numbers without a land line? I don't have
    > one, and Telecom credit card calls don't work with 0900 numbers.
    >
    > Thanks
    > -J

    cell phone perhaps, or go to local petrol station ask to use thier phone and
    call it :-D

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Nov 15, 2005

  3. John Doe

    Richard Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > Is there a way to call 0900 numbers without a land line? I don't have
    > one, and Telecom credit card calls don't work with 0900 numbers.

    Cellphone?

    Richard, Nov 15, 2005
  4. John Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:26:53 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >John Doe wrote:
    >> Is there a way to call 0900 numbers without a land line? I don't have
    >> one, and Telecom credit card calls don't work with 0900 numbers.

    >Cellphone?

    Isnt anyone else gagging to know which 0900 number they are calling :)
    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    Squirrel, Nov 16, 2005
  5. John Doe

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:26:53 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>John Doe wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to call 0900 numbers without a land line? I don't have
    >>> one, and Telecom credit card calls don't work with 0900 numbers.

    >>Cellphone?

    > Isnt anyone else gagging to know which 0900 number they are calling :)
    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    I dont really want to no...which 0900 it could be ;-)

    Krazy Bob, Nov 16, 2005
  6. John Doe

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:11:34 +1300, wrote:

    > "Squirrel" <> wrote in message

    >>>Cellphone?

    >> Isnt anyone else gagging to know which 0900 number they are calling :)
    >> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    > I dont really want to no...which 0900 it could be ;-)

    The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    prepaid and payphones
    As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    Shane, Nov 16, 2005
  7. John Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:11:34 +1300, wrote:
    >

    >> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message

    >>> Isnt anyone else gagging to know which 0900 number they are calling :)
    >>> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >> I dont really want to no...which 0900 it could be ;-)

    >The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    >prepaid and payphones
    >As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    >and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    Squirrel, Nov 16, 2005
  8. John Doe

    EMB Guest

    Squirrel wrote:

    > I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    > smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    > waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding

    No she wasn't. :-(

    http://www.nzidol.co.nz/story.php?id=16?section_id=10

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 16, 2005
  9. John Doe

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:11:34 +1300, wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message

    >>> I dont really want to no...which 0900 it could be ;-)

    >>The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    >>prepaid and payphones
    >>As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    >>and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    > I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    > smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    > waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    LOL...why did you waste $100 on nz idol?? i mean there is much better things
    to spend your money on, of course each day they said txts and calls cost
    99cents per minute :p

    Krazy Bob, Nov 16, 2005
  10. John Doe

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:40:58 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:11:34 +1300, wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message

    >>> I dont really want to no...which 0900 it could be ;-)

    >>The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    >>prepaid and payphones
    >>As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    >>and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    > I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    > smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    > waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    bugger

    Shane, Nov 16, 2005
  11. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    It's for calling an embassy.

    0900 numbers do not work with vodafone prepaid cellphones (at least)
    and Telecom doesn't want to process the number with their credit card
    call service.They say the only way is to call from a land line.

    I've tried a calling card, it's unsupported too.

    So I guess the answer is: land line only :-(

    John Doe, Nov 16, 2005
  12. In article <>, "John Doe" <> wrote:
    >It's for calling an embassy.

    OK ... which embassy has an 0900 number ? :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 17, 2005
  13. John Doe

    ~misfit~ Guest

    <Crosspost removed>

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >> I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    >> smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    >> waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    >> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    > LOL...why did you waste $100 on nz idol?? i mean there is much better
    > things to spend your money on, of course each day they said txts and
    > calls cost 99cents per minute :p

    Maybe a friend was participating? I know that my g/f's friend was on the
    show and she voted. (Only once though*)

    *I suggested to her that they probably had software that would de-prioritise
    or even ignore (beyond a certain number) further texts from the same number,
    while still charging full rate. Otherwise, what's to stop someone with
    enough money to spend from basically rigging the "contest"? <shrug> Makes
    sense to me anyway.

    Yech! I feel dirty even talking about such a crap "show". TV has certainly
    devolved into the media version of MacDonalds, only worse. I eat MacD's once
    every few months, I never watch those sort of shows.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 17, 2005
  14. John Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:14:25 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:

    >"Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >> wrote:

    >>>The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    >>>prepaid and payphones
    >>>As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    >>>and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    >> I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    >> smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    >> waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    >> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >LOL...why did you waste $100 on nz idol?? i mean there is much better things
    >to spend your money on, of course each day they said txts and calls cost
    >99cents per minute :p

    I didnt listen, just caught the number and wanted to give Rosita a
    break :(

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    Squirrel, Nov 17, 2005
  15. In article <>,
    Squirrel <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:

    > >The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    > >prepaid and payphones
    > >As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    > >and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    > I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    > smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    > waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    I'm surprised that anyone would watch that rubbish, let alone spend
    money on it. Even at $0.20 per message, it still would have ended up
    costing $20 in total and probably would have only had a very small
    effect on the outcome of the competition.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Any opinions expressed in this posting are my own, and do not
    necessarily reflect the views of any other individual or organisation.

    Alastair.geek.nz, Nov 17, 2005
  16. John Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:08 +1300, "Alastair.geek.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Squirrel <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:32:29 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >> wrote:

    >> >The problem with 0900's is they all charge differently, so that rules out
    >> >prepaid and payphones
    >> >As landline has been ruled out, theres only, cellphones with contracts,
    >> >and credit card transactions (I'm guessing)

    >> I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    >> smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    >> waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    >> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >I'm surprised that anyone would watch that rubbish, let alone spend
    >money on it. Even at $0.20 per message, it still would have ended up
    >costing $20 in total and probably would have only had a very small
    >effect on the outcome of the competition.

    I didnt watch it more than once, like I said I saw one person I
    thought could deserve a break and every time an ad came on I voted.
    Have now got bill and can not see any extreme txting bill on it,
    nothing more than I would normally pay for cell calls?????????
    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    Squirrel, Nov 17, 2005
  17. On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:46:14 +1300, Squirrel <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:08 +1300, "Alastair.geek.nz"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Squirrel <> wrote:

    >>> I voted over 100 times via text for Idol (did it twice) then some
    >>> smart arse told me it was 99c per text, not the usual 20c, still
    >>> waiting for the bill lol I think (read /hope) she was kidding
    >>> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >>I'm surprised that anyone would watch that rubbish, let alone spend
    >>money on it. Even at $0.20 per message, it still would have ended up
    >>costing $20 in total and probably would have only had a very small
    >>effect on the outcome of the competition.

    >I didnt watch it more than once, like I said I saw one person I
    >thought could deserve a break and every time an ad came on I voted.
    >Have now got bill and can not see any extreme txting bill on it,
    >nothing more than I would normally pay for cell calls?????????
    >Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    What if Oedipus' mother has an 0900 number and Oedipus only has a
    landline?

    Howard Edwards

    Howard Edwards, Nov 17, 2005
  18. On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:43:23 +1300, Howard Edwards
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:46:14 +1300, Squirrel <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:08 +1300, "Alastair.geek.nz"
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I'm surprised that anyone would watch that rubbish, let alone spend
    >>>money on it. Even at $0.20 per message, it still would have ended up
    >>>costing $20 in total and probably would have only had a very small
    >>>effect on the outcome of the competition.

    >>I didnt watch it more than once, like I said I saw one person I
    >>thought could deserve a break and every time an ad came on I voted.
    >>Have now got bill and can not see any extreme txting bill on it,
    >>nothing more than I would normally pay for cell calls?????????
    >>Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >What if Oedipus' mother has an 0900 number and Oedipus only has a
    >landline?
    >
    >Howard Edwards

    D'oh - should have been "... and Oedipus doesn't have a landline?"

    Howard Edwards

    Howard Edwards, Nov 18, 2005
  19. John Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:46:14 +1300, Squirrel <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:08 +1300, "Alastair.geek.nz"
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I'm surprised that anyone would watch that rubbish, let alone spend
    >>>money on it. Even at $0.20 per message, it still would have ended up
    >>>costing $20 in total and probably would have only had a very small
    >>>effect on the outcome of the competition.

    >>I didnt watch it more than once, like I said I saw one person I
    >>thought could deserve a break and every time an ad came on I voted.
    >>Have now got bill and can not see any extreme txting bill on it,
    >>nothing more than I would normally pay for cell calls?????????
    >>Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >What if Oedipus' mother has an 0900 number and Oedipus only has a
    >landline?
    >
    >Howard Edwards

    he'd be fucked :)
    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!