    Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    work! Any way I can correct this?

    risingstar
    risingstar, Dec 25, 2003

  2. risingstar

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), risingstar wrote:

    >Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    >work! Any way I can correct this?

    Contact your phone company.

    Me
    why?, Dec 25, 2003

  3. risingstar

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    And "they" call this a Helpdesk :D

    ErmYouKnow, Dec 25, 2003
  4. risingstar

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:14:21 -0000, ErmYouKnow wrote:

    >And "they" call this a Helpdesk :D

    There is no "they" and your advice to the OP would be?

    >> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), risingstar wrote:
    >>
    >> >Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does

    >not
    >> >work! Any way I can correct this?

    >> Contact your phone company.
    >>
    >> Me

    Me
    why?, Dec 25, 2003
  5. risingstar

    Tony! Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    >work! Any way I can correct this?
    >
    >risingstar

    You provide no info.

    Is your pc connected to the phone line in some way?
    If so, how?
    Where is your called ID connected in this setup?
    Chained between the pc and the wall plug?
    Chained between the called id and your phone?
    Plugged into a different room/outlet?

    Tony!
    Tony!, Dec 25, 2003
  6. risingstar

    Richard Guest

    Tony! wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar"
    > <> wrote:

    >>Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does
    >>not work! Any way I can correct this? risingstar

    > You provide no info.

    > Is your pc connected to the phone line in some way?
    > If so, how?
    > Where is your called ID connected in this setup?
    > Chained between the pc and the wall plug?
    > Chained between the called id and your phone?
    > Plugged into a different room/outlet?

    > Tony!

    Or built right into the phone? caller ID that is.

    If the system is set up like: Wall plug, PC, Caller ID, Phone.
    You may want to try : Wall plug, Caller ID, PC, phone.
    Or put the PC last in the line.
    Richard, Dec 25, 2003
  7. risingstar

    risingstar Guest

    Many thanks. The caller ID is built in my cordless Philips Onis handset. I
    have a broadband and hence use microfilters. I do not have any other
    phone/computer connected but the PC & phone share the same filter.
    Thanks for your help.
    RS

    risingstar, Dec 26, 2003
  8. risingstar

    M Mullen Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:01:48 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar"
    <> wrote:

    |> Many thanks. The caller ID is built in my cordless Philips Onis handset. I
    |> have a broadband and hence use microfilters. I do not have any other
    |> phone/computer connected but the PC & phone share the same filter.
    |> Thanks for your help.
    |> RS

    Like to help you out, best I can come up with "is your Microfilter BT approved?"

    From what I've read http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/faq.asp your Caller ID should
    work. Good luck.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Dec 27, 2003
  9. risingstar

    risingstar Guest

    Thanks once again. My broadband is BTopenworld and the microfilters were
    provided by BT.

    RS

    "M Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:01:48 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > |> Many thanks. The caller ID is built in my cordless Philips Onis

    handset. I
    > |> have a broadband and hence use microfilters. I do not have any other
    > |> phone/computer connected but the PC & phone share the same filter.
    > |> Thanks for your help.
    > |> RS
    >
    > Like to help you out, best I can come up with "is your Microfilter BT

    approved?"

    > From what I've read http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/faq.asp your Caller ID

    should

    risingstar, Dec 27, 2003
  10. risingstar

    nemo2 Guest

    Hi risingstar

    I suggest that you contact BT and I agree with N Mullen.

    It's no help, but I'm using BT phone line, plus.net as my asdl
    provider (recommend them without reservation) and Phillips Onis
    cordless phones and caller ID works perfectly.

    I'm not posting this to be smug, but to say caller id should and does
    work with Phillips Onis cordless phones. All I can say is contact BT;
    and good luck with BT.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Dec 27, 2003
  11. risingstar

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar" <> wrote:

    >Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    >work! Any way I can correct this?

    Subscribe to your telephone company's caller ID service.

    >risingstar

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Feb 21, 2004
  12. risingstar

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:03:28 +1100, Barry OGrady
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    >>work! Any way I can correct this?

    >Subscribe to your telephone company's caller ID service.
    >
    >>risingstar

    >-Barry
    >========
    >Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
    >Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

    Maybe someone else has pointed this out already (there's still about
    100 messages I haven't gone through this morning): Barry, you're
    replying to messages that are two months old.

    Cheers,
    dan
    Dan Shea, Feb 21, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004
  14. Dan Shea wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:03:28 +1100, Barry OGrady
    ><> wrote:

    >>On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:04:57 +0000 (UTC), "risingstar" <> wrote:

    >>>Whenever my computer is on (online or not), my telephone caller ID does not
    >>>work! Any way I can correct this?

    >>Subscribe to your telephone company's caller ID service.

    > Maybe someone else has pointed this out already (there's still about
    > 100 messages I haven't gone through this morning): Barry, you're
    > replying to messages that are two months old.

    And apparently not very well, at that. The OP would seem to *have* caller ID
    from telco, if it's only not working when he's online. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2004