    Caller IDs.

    Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
    Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Apr 9, 2008

  2. Mike Sun

    acierinox Guest

    On Apr 9, 8:57 pm, "Mike Sun" <> wrote:
    > I had Caller ID presentation working just fine when dialling to both
    > land-line and mobile number but recently I find that my Caller ID only
    > presents itself when calling a land-line. Calling a mobile number presents
    > itself as a "private number". I am using voipcheap.com with registered
    > Caller IDs.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
    > Cheers from Mike

    I used voipcheap.com in conjunction with Voxalot and my Caller ID
    presents itself when calling both landlines and mobiles. I'm not sure
    where the problem could be if you're only getting caller ID with
    landlines. In Voxalot i've set the 'From User' to +44207 etc. and in
    the voipcheap software I've set the called ID to the same +44207 etc
    acierinox, Apr 9, 2008

  3. Mike Sun

    Nick Guest

    Mike Sun wrote:
    > I had Caller ID presentation working just fine when dialling to both
    > land-line and mobile number but recently I find that my Caller ID only
    > presents itself when calling a land-line. Calling a mobile number presents
    > itself as a "private number". I am using voipcheap.com with registered
    > Caller IDs.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
    > Cheers from Mike

    Works ok to my mobile.
    Nick, Apr 9, 2008
  4. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    Thanks for your quick and helpful replies. I have Caller ID working again
    when calling mobile numbers with no changes on my part.

    It seems to be some intermittent problem which is present for a few days
    which then apparently clears by itself.

    Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Apr 10, 2008
  5. Jose wrote
    on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:39:05 GMT in message
    <>:

    >On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:28:36 GMT, "Mike Sun" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks for your quick and helpful replies. I have Caller ID working again
    >>when calling mobile numbers with no changes on my part.
    >>
    >>It seems to be some intermittent problem which is present for a few days
    >>which then apparently clears by itself.

    >I suppose it could be a matter of which *carrier*, of all Betamax
    >uses, is delivering your call to which mobile *network*, which could
    >change, specially the carrier part, randomly on a call by call basis.
    >
    >I have experienced the absence and presence of caller ID, using both
    >Betamax, and other provider, with no apparent explanation. One of
    >these providers specifically told me they couldn't always assure
    >outgoing caller ID, because some of the carriers they used did not
    >suport that...
    >
    >Regards,
    >Jose

    Could be they use a mobile network with GSM gateways or such like on some
    calls, so need to hide the number as it would be the number attached to the
    mobile SIM. I know some people have heard messages about insufficient
    credit played out by the mobile network.

    --
    Get Setanta For A Fiver
    http://setantasports.at/seb?CTY=1&CID=7755
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2008