    Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
    work?

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Jon

    BC Guest

    Jon wrote:
    > I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
    > phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
    >
    > Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
    > works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help & advice
    > on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
    > with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
    > caller ID phones.
    >
    > Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
    > work?
    >
    > Jon

    Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
    guess it's something to do with router.
    BC, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "BC" <> wrote in message
    > Jon wrote:
    >> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
    >> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
    >>
    >> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
    >> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
    >> advice on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller
    >> ID working with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start
    >> trying other caller ID phones.
    >>
    >> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
    >> should work?
    >>
    >> Jon

    > Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
    > guess it's something to do with router

    My guess as well as the phone works with BT line, but Sipgate tech support
    say the problem will be with my phone and they know I am using the Netgear
    TA612V.

    Hoping somebody will comment who has used the Netgear TA612V & caller ID as
    it could be costly to just start changing phones & routers.

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Jon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message

    > "BC" <> wrote in message
    >> Jon wrote:
    >>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
    >>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
    >>>
    >>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
    >>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
    >>> advice on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller
    >>> ID working with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start
    >>> trying other caller ID phones.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
    >>> should work?
    >>>
    >>> Jon

    >> Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
    >> guess it's something to do with router

    > My guess as well as the phone works with BT line, but Sipgate tech support
    > say the problem will be with my phone and they know I am using the Netgear
    > TA612V.
    >
    > Hoping somebody will comment who has used the Netgear TA612V & caller ID
    > as it could be costly to just start changing phones & routers.
    >
    > Jon

    Is there a setting in the routers VOIP section to check its configured for
    UK standard and NOT US.

    The UK uses FSK_ETSI standard. Other EU countries use DTMF or Bellcore. It
    is strange though, most phones are multi standard. My phillips certainly is.

    TheDragon, Sep 22, 2007
  5. In article <3T2Ji.18336$>,
    BC <> wrote:
    >Jon wrote:
    >> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
    >> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
    >>
    >> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
    >> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help & advice
    >> on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
    >> with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
    >> caller ID phones.
    >>
    >> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
    >> work?
    >>
    >> Jon

    >Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
    >guess it's something to do with router.

    But does the Netgear TA612V provide UK standard Caller ID?

    There are many different standards world-wide (and even in the UK with
    the cable companies), alas.

    Does the netgear have any way to select which type of Caller ID it
    supports?

    Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
    make sure you do see callerId?

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Sep 22, 2007
  6. Jon

    Tim Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
    > make sure you do see callerId?

    Sipgate definitely send caller ID.

    Tim
    Tim, Sep 22, 2007
  7. Jon

    Chris Davies Guest

    Jon <> wrote:
    > [...] would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
    > with Sipgate [...]

    My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope that helps.
    Chris
    Chris Davies, Sep 22, 2007
  8. Jon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    : : Jon <> wrote:
    : : : [...] would be interested to know if others have the
    : : : caller ID working with Sipgate [...]
    : :
    : : My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope
    : : that helps. Chris

    So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
    connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2007
  9. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <3T2Ji.18336$>,
    > BC <> wrote:
    >>Jon wrote:
    >>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
    >>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
    >>>
    >>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
    >>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
    >>> advice
    >>> on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID
    >>> working
    >>> with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
    >>> caller ID phones.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
    >>> should
    >>> work?
    >>>
    >>> Jon

    >>Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
    >>guess it's something to do with router.

    > But does the Netgear TA612V provide UK standard Caller ID?
    >
    > There are many different standards world-wide (and even in the UK with
    > the cable companies), alas.
    >
    > Does the netgear have any way to select which type of Caller ID it
    > supports?
    >
    > Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
    > make sure you do see callerId?
    >
    > Gordon

    I get the felling the problem is the Netgear TA612V which has been setup by
    Sipgate as it is using there firmware and has no user setting to play with.

    It's odd Sipgate tech support blame the problem on my phone which suggests
    they are happy with the Netgear TA612V setup and the caller ID.

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 22, 2007
  10. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope
    >>> that helps. Chris

    > So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
    > connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.
    >
    > Ivor

    Sipgate Caller ID shows on a couple of BT branded phones I have and a couple
    of Binatone phones via a PAP2 ATA.

    Have set as ETSI FSK with PR (UK) but have tried them with Bellcore NA/China
    too, think I tried other versions too, but medication makes me forgot chunks
    of memory.

    --
    Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 23, 2007
  11. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message

    >> So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
    >> connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > Sipgate Caller ID shows on a couple of BT branded phones I have and a
    > couple of Binatone phones via a PAP2 ATA.
    >
    > Have set as ETSI FSK with PR (UK) but have tried them with Bellcore
    > NA/China too, think I tried other versions too, but medication makes me
    > forgot chunks of memory.
    >

    > --
    > Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    > http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm

    What telephone adapter are you using, is it the Netgear TA612V ?

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 23, 2007
  12. Jon wrote:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message

    >>> So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
    >>> connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor

    >> Sipgate Caller ID shows on a couple of BT branded phones I have and a
    >> couple of Binatone phones via a PAP2 ATA.
    >>
    >> Have set as ETSI FSK with PR (UK) but have tried them with Bellcore
    >> NA/China too, think I tried other versions too, but medication makes
    >> me forgot chunks of memory.
    >>

    > What telephone adapter are you using, is it the Netgear TA612V ?
    >
    > Jon

    No, the Linksys PAP2 ATA mentioned in my post. :)
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 23, 2007
  13. Jon

    alexd Guest

    Jon wrote:

    > I get the felling the problem is the Netgear TA612V which has been setup
    > by Sipgate as it is using there firmware and has no user setting to play
    > with.
    >
    > It's odd Sipgate tech support blame the problem on my phone which suggests
    > they are happy with the Netgear TA612V setup and the caller ID.

    I'm using a Grandstream ATA486 with a Panasonic cordless and Sipgate [via
    Asterisk] and CallerID [both name and number] works fine.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0
    alexd, Sep 23, 2007
  14. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message

    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message

    >>> So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
    >>> connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor

    >> Sipgate Caller ID shows on a couple of BT branded phones I have and a
    >> couple of Binatone phones via a PAP2 ATA.
    >>
    >> Have set as ETSI FSK with PR (UK) but have tried them with Bellcore
    >> NA/China too, think I tried other versions too, but medication makes me
    >> forgot chunks of memory.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    >> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    >> http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm

    > What telephone adapter are you using, is it the Netgear TA612V ?
    >
    > Jon

    Sorry just noticed your reference to PAP2 ATA Linksys Analogue Telephone
    Adaptor.

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 23, 2007
  15. Jon

    Chris S Guest

    >> Gordon

    > I get the felling the problem is the Netgear TA612V which has been setup
    > by Sipgate as it is using there firmware and has no user setting to play
    > with.

    might not be, my sipgate supplied and configured TA612V passes caller id to
    my bt diverse dect phones
    Chris S, Sep 28, 2007
  16. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Chris S" <> wrote in message

    >>> Gordon

    >> I get the felling the problem is the Netgear TA612V which has been setup
    >> by Sipgate as it is using there firmware and has no user setting to play
    >> with.

    > might not be, my sipgate supplied and configured TA612V passes caller id
    > to my bt diverse dect phones

    That's very interesting as I was not convinced the Netgear TA612V was
    designed for caller id.

    OK it's time to try to get hold of a bt diverse dect phone to test this
    problem, does your phone have a model number?

    It's odd it does not work with the Panasonic KX-TCD515EM phone I have.

    Jon
    Jon, Sep 30, 2007
  17. Jon

    Chris S Guest

    > That's very interesting as I was not convinced the Netgear TA612V was
    > designed for caller id.
    >
    > OK it's time to try to get hold of a bt diverse dect phone to test this
    > problem, does your phone have a model number?
    >
    > It's odd it does not work with the Panasonic KX-TCD515EM phone I have.

    i lied, my phone is a BT Synergy 3100, which works fine, before that i did
    have a binatone phone which i had problems with ringing for no apparent
    reason, can't remember if the cli worked on that or not
    Chris S, Oct 1, 2007
  18. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Ok on the BT Synergy 3100 phone. I will look out for one of them.

    I found out over the weekend while talking to a friend on the phone Sipgate
    gives caller waiting beeps and my phone showed the caller waiting phone
    number on the phone!

    So the Panasonic KX-TCD515EM caller ID works, but only for the second caller
    during the call to the first caller, so I fail to understand why it should
    not show all caller ID's.

    Anybody have any ideas on this???

    Jon

    Jon, Oct 1, 2007
  19. Jon wrote:
    > Ok on the BT Synergy 3100 phone. I will look out for one of them.
    >
    > I found out over the weekend while talking to a friend on the phone Sipgate
    > gives caller waiting beeps and my phone showed the caller waiting phone
    > number on the phone!

    Caller waiting beeps and display are generally a function of the ATA.

    > So the Panasonic KX-TCD515EM caller ID works, but only for the second caller
    > during the call to the first caller, so I fail to understand why it should
    > not show all caller ID's.
    >
    > Anybody have any ideas on this???

    Are there any timers in the menu for the ATA for clid identification? (I
    can't remember which standard our CLID is, some transmit on ring others
    just before ring).

    Certainly with line cards they often need to wait till after the first
    ring to pass clid.
    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 8, 2007