caller id spoofing

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 31, 2006

  2. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Jono Guest

    ¬Stephen Hammond was thinking very hard :
    > anyone tried this
    >
    > http://www.gadgettrail.com/2005/01/06/do-it-yourself-caller-id-spoofing/
    >
    > Or would that not work in the UK.
    >
    > Stephen

    It would work anywhere in the world, however< i wouldn't like to pay
    the NuFone rates.

    Spoofing caller ID is service provider dependant. I haven't come across
    a provider I would like to use that knowingly, or unknowingly alows
    spoofing.

    1899 Voip used to allow it, to a certain degree but it's long since
    gone.

    Jono, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > ¬Stephen Hammond was thinking very hard :
    >> anyone tried this
    >>
    >> http://www.gadgettrail.com/2005/01/06/do-it-yourself-caller-id-spoofing/
    >>
    >> Or would that not work in the UK.
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > It would work anywhere in the world, however< i wouldn't like to pay
    > the NuFone rates.
    >
    > Spoofing caller ID is service provider dependant. I haven't come
    > across a provider I would like to use that knowingly, or unknowingly
    > alows spoofing.
    >
    > 1899 Voip used to allow it, to a certain degree but it's long since
    > gone.

    VoIPCheap/Stunt/ Sip Discount/VoIP Buster all allowed CLID Spoofing
    until the last software update.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Nov 1, 2006
  4. R. Mark Clayton, Nov 1, 2006
  5. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Jono Guest

    Jono, Nov 1, 2006
  6. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > R. Mark Clayton pretended :
    >> "¬Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    >>> anyone tried this
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gadgettrail.com/2005/01/06/do-it-yourself-caller-id-spoofing/
    >>>
    >>> Or would that not work in the UK.
    >>>
    >>> Stephen
    >>>

    >> BT will cut you off.

    > Eh? How?

    Calls with bad CLI will be rejected and logged. If they work out what you
    are trying to do they will discontinue service for breach of T&C.

    R. Mark Clayton, Nov 1, 2006
  7. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Jono Guest

    R. Mark Clayton wrote on 01/11/2006 :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> R. Mark Clayton pretended :
    >>> "¬Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message

    >>> BT will cut you off.

    >> Eh? How?
    >>

    > Calls with bad CLI will be rejected and logged. If they work out what you
    > are trying to do they will discontinue service for breach of T&C.

    But the site suggests using a VoIP service to spoof CLI, not a BT line.

    Jono, Nov 1, 2006
  8. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > R. Mark Clayton wrote on 01/11/2006 :
    >> "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>> R. Mark Clayton pretended :

    >>> Eh? How?
    >>>

    >> Calls with bad CLI will be rejected and logged. If they work out what
    >> you are trying to do they will discontinue service for breach of T&C.

    > But the site suggests using a VoIP service to spoof CLI, not a BT line.

    Good of the OP to say that in his/her post!

    R. Mark Clayton, Nov 2, 2006
  9. R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> R. Mark Clayton wrote on 01/11/2006 :
    >>> "Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>> Calls with bad CLI will be rejected and logged. If they work out
    >>> what you are trying to do they will discontinue service for breach
    >>> of T&C.

    >> But the site suggests using a VoIP service to spoof CLI, not a BT
    >> line.

    > Good of the OP to say that in his/her post!

    It`s fairly obvious if you check out the link in the original post.

    --
    Items on ebay:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZscousesifinQQhtZ-1

    Simon Finnigan, Nov 2, 2006
  10. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    >> Good of the OP to say that in his/her post!

    > It`s fairly obvious if you check out the link in the original post.

    And the fact that this is a voip group.

    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Nov 2, 2006
  11. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:
    >> Calls with bad CLI will be rejected and logged. If they work out what
    >> you are trying to do they will discontinue service for breach of T&C.

    > But the site suggests using a VoIP service to spoof CLI, not a BT line.

    I think he means that BT will cut off the VoIP provider, or their telco.

    Tim

    Tim, Nov 14, 2006