    How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
    someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
    how? Thanks

    Vince Slevin, Jan 24, 2004

  2. "Vince Slevin" <> wrote in message
    news:4VnQb.108951$5V2.504792@attbi_s53...
    "How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
    someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
    how? Thanks"

    You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
    way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

    Amigo Entertainments, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Vince Slevin

    Robert Baer Guest

    Amigo Entertainments wrote:

    > "Vince Slevin" <> wrote in message
    > "How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
    > someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
    > how? Thanks"
    >
    > You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
    > way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

    ....or use a calling card....

    Robert Baer, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number, if
    their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your name
    displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.

    Representative Trantis, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Vince Slevin

    Lucky225 Guest

    HAH! http://www.verizonfears.com/callerid.html

    There are actually quite a few ways to spoof Caller ID. The most
    popular are PRI ISDN PBX spoofing, Social Engineering telco operators
    into changing the phone number for you, using Voice over IP and
    asterisk, and there is one more way that I will not post publicly yet.

    Lucky225, Feb 17, 2004
  6. Vince Slevin

    Lucky225 Guest

    You can also use special hardware or software known as 'orangeboxing',
    but that's not really spoofing.

    Lucky225, Feb 17, 2004
  7. Vince Slevin

    Todd Howard Guest

    someone has a subscription to "2600" Magazine..... ;)
    TH

    Todd Howard, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Vince Slevin

    Lucky225 Guest

    *ahem* lifetime subscription b/c he writes for the magazine *ahem*

    Lucky225, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Vince Slevin

    Todd Howard Guest

    lol.....good, keep up the good work.....
    TH

    Todd Howard, Feb 18, 2004