    displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
    affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
    stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed however.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes explained :
    > I have started a new thread re this as it got buried under my other pleas for
    > help! (See Final Two Questions About..)
    >
    > I have got my new SAP 3102 set up and working. I worked my way through (with
    > lots of help from people here) it not registering with my SIP provider. I
    > sorted out the problem will calls to my BT landline being disconnected before
    > my answer phone cut in.
    >
    > The remaining problem I have is that incoming caller ID is not being
    > displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
    > affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
    > stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed however.

    Have you got ETSI FSK With PR(UK) set for Caller ID Method at the foot
    of the Regional tab?

    Also, what does the info page show as the last number to call? Is it
    displayed correctly, or is this truncated too?
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007

  3. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes explained :
    >> I have started a new thread re this as it got buried under my other pleas
    >> for help! (See Final Two Questions About..)
    >>
    >> I have got my new SAP 3102 set up and working. I worked my way through
    >> (with lots of help from people here) it not registering with my SIP
    >> provider. I sorted out the problem will calls to my BT landline being
    >> disconnected before my answer phone cut in.
    >>
    >> The remaining problem I have is that incoming caller ID is not being
    >> displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
    >> affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
    >> stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed
    >> however.

    > Have you got ETSI FSK With PR(UK) set for Caller ID Method at the foot of
    > the Regional tab?
    >
    > Also, what does the info page show as the last number to call? Is it
    > displayed correctly, or is this truncated too?

    Thanks

    In the info page the last number is displayed correctly.

    Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

    I have tried it with two different DECT phones so I presume it must be the
    3102
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Port Admiral Haynes explained :
    >>> I have started a new thread re this as it got buried under my other pleas
    >>> for help! (See Final Two Questions About..)
    >>>
    >>> I have got my new SAP 3102 set up and working. I worked my way through
    >>> (with lots of help from people here) it not registering with my SIP
    >>> provider. I sorted out the problem will calls to my BT landline being
    >>> disconnected before my answer phone cut in.
    >>>
    >>> The remaining problem I have is that incoming caller ID is not being
    >>> displayed properly. Calls to my BT number and my VoipTalk number are both
    >>> affected. Only the first 8 digits are displayed. If the phone number is
    >>> stored in the DECT phones memory then the correct name is displayed
    >>> however.

    >> Have you got ETSI FSK With PR(UK) set for Caller ID Method at the foot of
    >> the Regional tab?
    >>
    >> Also, what does the info page show as the last number to call? Is it
    >> displayed correctly, or is this truncated too?
    >>

    > Thanks
    >
    > In the info page the last number is displayed correctly.
    >
    > Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.
    >
    > I have tried it with two different DECT phones so I presume it must be the
    > 3102

    Very strange.

    I used my SPA3XXX to /fix/ a CLID problems - incompatibility between a
    Telewest line and a BT DECT set.

    I am surprised to see that the info page displays it differently from
    your phones....
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007
  5. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
    >> "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>> Port Admiral Haynes explained :

    >>> Have you got ETSI FSK With PR(UK) set for Caller ID Method at the foot
    >>> of the Regional tab?
    >>>
    >>> Also, what does the info page show as the last number to call? Is it
    >>> displayed correctly, or is this truncated too?
    >>>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> In the info page the last number is displayed correctly.
    >>
    >> Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.
    >>
    >> I have tried it with two different DECT phones so I presume it must be
    >> the 3102

    > Very strange.
    >
    > I used my SPA3XXX to /fix/ a CLID problems - incompatibility between a
    > Telewest line and a BT DECT set.
    >
    > I am surprised to see that the info page displays it differently from your
    > phones....

    I am a total newbie at all this but could it be some sort of timing issue eg
    the phone does not get all of the caller ID before it rings or is the caller
    ID sent between/as well at the rings. Sorry if I am being stupid!
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 11, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes

    Tim Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.

    There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one
    somewhere else.

    i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type
    your phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)

    If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in
    the transmit side on the FXS port.

    Which firmware version are you on?

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 11, 2007
  7. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >> Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.
    >>

    > There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one
    > somewhere else.
    >
    > i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type your
    > phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)
    >

    > If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in the
    > transmit side on the FXS port.
    >
    > Which firmware version are you on?
    >
    > Tim

    I have just downloaded and installed the latest firmware from the Linksys
    Site - this appears to be 5.1.5(GWa)
    Same problem - only the first 8 digits come through.

    I cant find it anywhere else than under regional
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 11, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >>> Yes I have got ETSI FSK With PR (UK) set.
    >>>

    >> There are 2 places to set this. One in the regional tab, and one somewhere
    >> else.
    >>
    >> i'd just double check the regional tab, as this is the caller ID type your
    >> phone will transmit. (I think it is that way around)
    >>

    >> If the Info page is showing the correct number, then the problem is in the
    >> transmit side on the FXS port.
    >>
    >> Which firmware version are you on?
    >>
    >> Tim

    > I have just downloaded and installed the latest firmware from the Linksys
    > Site - this appears to be 5.1.5(GWa)
    > Same problem - only the first 8 digits come through.
    >
    > I cant find it anywhere else than under regional

    Nor can I.

    Perhaps Tim's thinking of "FXS Port Impedance:" which should be set on
    the Regional tab to 370+620||310nF and the "FXO Port Impedance:" on the
    PSTN tab which should also be set to the same....
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007