Caller ID on ISDN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by smithsera1@hotmail.com, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a central router that multiple customers dial into for access to
    my network, I have a central PRI and I have legacy DDR with dialer maps
    on a dialer interface for each customer, however I am setting up a new
    customer and they are using caller id (I currently do not) and when i
    try to connect to them my call is being rejected, is there any config
    that I'm meant to apply on my end for my call to be accepted?

    My config is :

    interface Serial1/0:15
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer rotary-group 1
    isdn switch-type primary-net5
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Dialer1
    ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
    encapsulation ppp
    no keepalive
    dialer in-band
    dialer idle-timeout 60
    dialer fast-idle 15
    dialer map ip 1.1.1.2 name customer1 4110908
    dialer map ip 1.1.1.6 name customer2 016056187
    dialer map ip 1.1.1.8 name customer3 00441344884418
    dialer map ip 1.1.1.10 name customer4 4072958
    dialer map ip 1.1.1.12 name customer5 6387900
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap
    ppp chap hostname xxx
    ppp chap password xxx
    ppp multilink

    Thanks in advance

    , Dec 12, 2004

  2. 1) It is probably not a good idea to post phone numbers to your data network
    on the usenet.

    2) I see some are international calls. Is the failing location
    iternational? Your callerID info may not match the dial out number
    especially if they have dial 9 or dial 0 to get an outside line.

    3) Do they need to dial 9 or dial 0 to reach you?

    Check debug isdn q931 on their side, and see what caller ID looks like, and
    if it matches the dialout number.

    If not, they need to use a map of the form

    dialer map ip name (callerid info) (full phone # with prefixes)

    eg

    dialer map ip name 4085551212 00014085551212

    on **THEIR** side.

    As long as you send callerid info, it is not your problem.

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 15, 2004