    Anyone out there have any experience troubleshooting this? Any tips?

    Thanks,

    Jim
    Scooby, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Hi Jim,

    Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
    any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
    and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
    Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be
    passed from a PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).

    If caller ID support is essential on the FXO port, configure the
    gateway to run in H323 mode.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#EXPERTS
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA/Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Scooby

    Scooby Guest

    Brad,

    Thanks for the response. However, I'm not sure we are talking about the
    same thing here. I may not have quite specified, but I'm talking about
    incoming caller id, not outgoing. I'm trying to get the caller id of the
    incoming call and pass it to the end device (7940). Any comments?

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Scooby, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Scooby

    Anthrax Guest

    <Snip> ------->

    <------- </Snip>
    <Snip> ------->
    > "www.BradReese.Com" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi Jim,
    >>
    >>Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
    >>any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
    >>and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
    >>Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be
    >>passed from a PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).
    >>
    >>If caller ID support is essential on the FXO port, configure the
    >>gateway to run in H323 mode.

    <------- </Snip>

    Brad is right, CLID is not supported in MGCP mode for the FXO. If you
    really need CLID change it to h.323.

    See...

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a00800921ed.html

    [Snip: Table 2 Voice Gateway Router with Cisco CallManager Feature
    Summary]

    Caller ID support

    Enables the Voice Gateway Router to send the ANI of a caller for display:

    In MGCP mode, to/from IP phones, FXS and T1/E1 PRI (Caller ID currently
    not supported on FXO and T1-CAS)

    In H.323 mode, between IP phones, FXS, BRI and T1/E1 PRI; and from FXO
    to IP Phones, FXS, BRI and T1/E1 PRI

    Let us know if this solves your query..

    --
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
    ///////////////////

    http://www.usenet.com
    Anthrax, Aug 26, 2005
  5. Scooby

    Anthrax Guest

    On 8/26/2005 2:41 PM, Anthrax wrote:

    <Snip> ------->
    >> "www.BradReese.Com" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi Jim,
    >>>
    >>> Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
    >>> any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
    >>> and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
    >>> Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode<------- </Snip>

    <Snip> ------->

    > Brad is right, CLID is not supported in MGCP mode for the FXO. If you
    > really need CLID change it to h.323.

    <------- </Snip>

    BTW this is still being true for the 2800 series and 3800 series, this
    is the right link for your platform, just look for the same table (but
    number 1 in this case) mentioned in my previous post.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet09186a0080182d38.html

    Cheers!

    Anthrax, Aug 26, 2005
  6. Scooby

    nvazirov

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I'm need your help. Can anybody send me examples of H.323 on fxo port.
    nvazirov, Oct 4, 2012