    I don't have caller ID so find it difficult to verify. My landline is
    VM, mobile O2,

    Thanks

    voip-user, Aug 16, 2013

  2. voip-user

    voip-user Guest

    On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:33:39 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >on 16/08/2013, voip-user supposed :
    >> I'm using Betamax VOIP service.
    >> One person I frequently call complains it always says "International -
    >> out of area". That person uses a BT landline.
    >> I certainly have caller ID active, and people getting my texts don't
    >> seem to have a problem.
    >> Is there a simple explanation / solution here ?

    >Yes, your call is being routed from abroad & BT don't trust foreign
    >networks to be reliable regarding CLI.
    >
    >There are a couple of solutions - use a UK based VoIP provider as this
    >is likely to be trusted by BT's system - or get your frequent phone
    >buddy to get a VoIP account which you can ring on (or get them to
    >upgrade to BT ISDN lines!)
    >

    >> I don't have caller ID so find it difficult to verify. My landline is
    >> VM, mobile O2,
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Thanks for your explanation which sounds very plausible.
    As no UK VoIP providers offer rates approaching Betamax, I guess it's
    back to the solution of: "If it's me, I'll let it ring twice; hang-up
    and dial again."

    It's actually my gf which reminds me of the old joke:
    "My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well, actually, she's not quite
    my girlfriend yet."

    voip-user, Aug 16, 2013