    example?

    Thanks
    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Theo Markettos

    Iain Guest

    Theo Markettos wrote:

    > Is this a voipcheap problem, a softphone problem, or something I can
    > rectify in my Asterisk setup?

    No.

    > Is this something I'm likely to see on all
    > telephone networks or only some?

    It seems to be standard on all landline phone systems.

    > Does GSM handle it differently, for
    > example?

    Sort of.

    Iain
    Iain, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Theo Markettos

    Guest

    On 11 5 , 10 59 , Theo Markettos <>
    wrote:
    > I was playing with outbound calls on voipcheap.com using the Twinkle
    > softphone. I noticed a problem to several destinations (UK and abroad)...
    > if I dial out with voipcheap to a PSTN line and the PSTN user hangs up,
    > voipcheap/twinkle doesn't notice.

    it is because the termination to those destinations don't support
    disconnection supervision. they must use the analogue gateway for
    termination. It is a key feature on the fxo gateway. it should not
    happen when use E1 gateway.

    Leon

    MSN:
    , Nov 11, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > it is because the termination to those destinations don't support
    > disconnection supervision. they must use the analogue gateway for
    > termination. It is a key feature on the fxo gateway. it should not
    > happen when use E1 gateway.

    Thanks, that's interesting. Does that mean if I call any analogue system
    it'll suffer from this problem, but a digital system (GSM/ISDN/VOIP?) won't?
    So there's nothing I can control about selecting whoever I choose to
    terminate it: it depends on the destination network?

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Nov 11, 2007