    off line.
    I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
    someone tell me what I can do?

    detap, Jan 27, 2005

  2. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:54:56 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:

    >I am running win.2000 and I have disabled call waiting, so I don't get
    >interrupted
    >while I am on line,But I'm still getting the calls through and knocking me
    >off line.
    >I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
    >someone tell me what I can do?

    this might be of help:
    http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/callwait/

    in a nutshell, if *70 is the code your telco uses to disable call
    waiting, add *70, (including the comma) right before your local
    dial-up access number. so it would look like this: *70,123-4567

    if you're using something like aol, walmart connect or peoplepc, look
    around for a place you can enter something that needs to be dialed
    before the number gets dialed and just enter *70. (not sure if you'd
    need the comma in this case...)

    the comma basically adds a brief pause before continuing to dial the
    number.

    hth!

    /3iff //ullins, Jan 28, 2005

  3. detap

    Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:54:56 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:

    |> I am running win.2000 and I have disabled call waiting, so I don't get
    |> interrupted
    |> while I am on line,But I'm still getting the calls through and knocking me
    |> off line.
    |> I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
    |> someone tell me what I can do?

    If *70 doesn't work,
    Go to this page to read how to input modem commands
    http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,6226-954508,00.html
    Type in the command
    S10=255

    This switch determines how much garbage the modem will put up with until
    it drops carrier, 255 says it will put up with a lot.

    --

    , Jan 28, 2005