    pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
    (depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).

    Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?
    A, Jan 10, 2004

  2. A

    K & S Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:55:57 GMT, (A) wrote:

    >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.
    >
    >http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2761374a28,00.html
    >
    >has some good options (aside from going jetstream but that's not an
    >option for me)
    >
    >I've looked at i-ring and catch-a-call devices but they seem a bit
    >pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
    >(depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).
    >
    >Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?

    Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..

    Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..
    K & S, Jan 10, 2004

  3. A

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "K & S" <> wrote in message

    > Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..
    >
    > Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..

    And for that price, you're better off with Jetstart.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    Losers always whine about their 'best'.
    Mr Scebe, Jan 11, 2004
  4. A

    cowboyz Guest

    Mr Scebe wrote:
    > "K & S" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..
    >>
    >> Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..

    > And for that price, you're better off with Jetstart.

    Just come across this with Ihug that I thought I might give a go. Don't
    know if any other ISP are offering it.

    http://www.ihug.co.nz/xchange/index.html
    cowboyz, Jan 11, 2004
  5. A

    MarkH Guest

    (A) wrote in news::

    > Spending too much time online - people can't get through.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2761374a28,00.html
    >
    > has some good options (aside from going jetstream but that's not an
    > option for me)
    >
    > I've looked at i-ring and catch-a-call devices but they seem a bit
    > pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
    > (depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).
    >
    > Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?

    Try an easy solution! Buy a prepay cellphone and get call minder with a
    message to call the cellphone if it’s urgent.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Jan 11, 2004
  6. In article <>, (A) wrote:

    >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

    That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
    hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jan 13, 2004
  7. A

    Worm Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <>, (A) wrote:
    >
    > >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

    > That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
    > hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.

    wow, cool! I remember coming across a service very similar some time ago
    online. Good to see IHUG trying it outl. Pity about all those different
    charges though - what a nightmare.

    WOrm
    Worm, Jan 13, 2004
  8. A

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, ldo@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand says...
    > In article <>, (A) wrote:
    >
    > >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

    > That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
    > hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.

    get a numeric pager and get the callminder to page you when a message is
    left. Costs you 19c each time.

    Mainlander, Jan 17, 2004