    Thoughts?

    Thanks,

    Peter Watson
    Peter Watson, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Peter Watson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
    > tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
    > bit 'basic'...
    >
    > Thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter Watson

    Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
    UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    In article <>, lid
    says...

    > "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
    > > tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
    > > bit 'basic'...
    > >
    > > Thoughts?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Peter Watson

    > Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
    > UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.
    >
    > Ivor

    A UK number isn't a problem - I've got a Sipgate account for that :)

    Peter
    Peter Watson, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Peter Watson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > lid says...
    > >

    > > "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    > > > Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
    > > > tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to
    > > > be a bit 'basic'...
    > > >
    > > > Thoughts?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Peter Watson

    > > Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there
    > > is a charge for a UK number, or what sort of number
    > > (geo or 056) you get.
    > >
    > > Ivor
    > >

    > A UK number isn't a problem - I've got a Sipgate account
    > for that :)

    I have 4..! But I was wondering. It might be useful if I could get a 415
    (San Francisco) US number though. As long as there isn't a monthly charge,
    that's what puts me off these things.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Peter Watson

    Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:47:03 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >I have 4..! But I was wondering. It might be useful if I could get a 415
    >(San Francisco) US number though. As long as there isn't a monthly charge,
    >that's what puts me off these things.

    Skinflint .
    , Nov 24, 2005
  6. Peter Watson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:47:03 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > I have 4..! But I was wondering. It might be useful if
    > > I could get a 415 (San Francisco) US number though. As
    > > long as there isn't a monthly charge, that's what puts
    > > me off these things.

    > Skinflint .

    If you say so. I prefer not throwing money away.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 24, 2005
  7. Peter Watson

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-11-23, Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
    >> tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
    >> bit 'basic'...
    >>
    >> Thoughts?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Peter Watson

    > Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
    > UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.

    whois callunion.com indicates it is UK based and the SIP proxy is on a
    network which has a major presence in the European market.

    The UK number provided is a 0845 one and is free. 'Call features' on the
    opening page leads you to this information.

    Brian.
    Brian, Nov 24, 2005
  8. Peter Watson

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-11-23, Peter Watson <> wrote:

    > Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The tariff looks
    > quite cheap but their website seems to be a bit 'basic'...
    >
    > Thoughts?

    I don't think I can agree with your assessment of the website as
    'basic'. There is enough clearly expressed information there to get an
    impression of what is on offer after just one reading.

    The service is SIP based and agnostic as far as user agents are
    concerned. The range of call features is good and there is a pre-pay
    scheme for calls to the PSTN. No credit is required to join, which
    could be an attraction for those who like to try before they buy.

    Brian.
    Brian, Nov 24, 2005
  9. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    In article <dm35n0$qnd$1$>,
    says...
    > On 2005-11-23, Peter Watson <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The tariff looks
    > > quite cheap but their website seems to be a bit 'basic'...
    > >
    > > Thoughts?

    > I don't think I can agree with your assessment of the website as
    > 'basic'. There is enough clearly expressed information there to get an
    > impression of what is on offer after just one reading.

    I was probably a bit harsh - I had been looking at the 'Prices' page to
    find out if the bill by the minute or the second. This info is on the
    home page though...

    Their UK-UK call rate info is very comprehensive but I assume that the
    price 'UK Edinburgh' should be 'UK Geographic' as I wouldn't want to pay
    the 'UK Other' rate for any calls not to Edinburgh!

    Peter
    Peter Watson, Nov 24, 2005