Call Settings and stuff.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 2, 2007.

  1. I'm sure many folks have fiddled around with call settings and come up
    with better than default settings. Could anyone advise on typical
    settings that work "better" over Blueyonder cable connection with most
    calls going via voipcheap.com

    e.g.
    packet size from 10ms to 60ms (20ms being default)

    Currently (this evening) results are pretty poor at 3.6 on
    testyourvoip.com (Didn't check it in the day)

    Tested the DSL connection at home last night and it was max at 4.5 so
    suggested settings for both would be great.

    Cheers
    Pete

    http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
    http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 2, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:19:12 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm sure many folks have fiddled around with call settings and come up
    >with better than default settings. Could anyone advise on typical
    >settings that work "better" over Blueyonder cable connection with most
    >calls going via voipcheap.com
    >
    >e.g.
    >packet size from 10ms to 60ms (20ms being default)
    >
    >Currently (this evening) results are pretty poor at 3.6 on
    >testyourvoip.com (Didn't check it in the day)
    >
    >Tested the DSL connection at home last night and it was max at 4.5 so
    >suggested settings for both would be great.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Pete

    08.05 today:
    I'm on BY too @ 2Mb/s. I got 4.4 to London, Sydney and Boston.
    The first time I tried London it was 3.3, it was only after testing
    Sydney and Boston that I rechecked London.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 3, 2007