    cut out.

    Thanks in advance.

    Shabbir
    Shabbir, Aug 29, 2006

  2. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    Shabbir brought next idea :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I setup asterisk using the asterisk@home install. I have configured it to
    > send and receive calls via my voipcheap account. I want to record all
    > calls going through the box, but currently it is only recording thos calls
    > between extensions on the box, and not any calls which use the SIP trunk to
    > call out.
    >
    > Also how does asterisk pair the call recordings together, as I seem to get
    > a recording from one exension and all noise coming from the other direction
    > is cut out.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Shabbir

    Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what was
    once called asterisk@home.

    There were some bugs in a previous version's call recording, namely a@h
    v2.8.

    Asterisk should use sox to merge the two files into one, after the call
    has completed.
    Jono, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Shabbir

    Shabbir Guest

    Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am using it on
    windows with VMware - I hope it works well.

    You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done automatically?

    Shabbir, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    Shabbir wrote:

    || "Jono" <> wrote in message
    ||| Shabbir brought next idea :
    ||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
    ||| was once called asterisk@home.
    ||| There were some bugs in a previous version's call recording, namely
    ||| a@h v2.8.
    ||| Asterisk should use sox to merge the two files into one, after the
    ||| call has completed.

    || Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am
    || using it on windows with VMware - I hope it works well.
    || You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done
    || automatically?

    For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
    there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with all
    the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
    Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.

    Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.
    Jono, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Shabbir wrote:

    > || "Jono" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    Jono opined:

    Shabbir came back
    > || Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am
    > || using it on windows with VMware - I hope it works well.
    > || You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done
    > || automatically?
    >
    > For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
    > there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with all
    > the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
    > Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.
    >
    > Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.

    The nerdvittles vmware version is rather good and takes little work
    compared to a full install. I might add that running it with only 512mb
    ram works OK, but occasionally slows the PC down a bit when there's a
    lot of load at the time (though strangely didn't affect the call
    quality). 1gb ram seems to go great!
    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  6. Shabbir

    Shabbir Guest

    Hi,

    I have setup trixbox. Works great. But I am still getting problem in that
    if I call a number other than an extension eg use 9 and then a landline
    number, I find the call gets logged but not recorded. How to change that?

    Kind Regards,

    Shabbir, Aug 31, 2006
  7. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Shabbir wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have setup trixbox. Works great. But I am still getting problem in that
    > if I call a number other than an extension eg use 9 and then a landline
    > number, I find the call gets logged but not recorded. How to change that?
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    >

    > "paul123" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jono wrote:

    > > <snip>
    > > Jono opined:

    > > Shabbir came back
    > >>
    > >> For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
    > >> there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with
    > >> all
    > >> the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
    > >> Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.
    > >>
    > >> Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.

    > > The nerdvittles vmware version is rather good and takes little work
    > > compared to a full install. I might add that running it with only 512mb
    > > ram works OK, but occasionally slows the PC down a bit when there's a
    > > lot of load at the time (though strangely didn't affect the call
    > > quality). 1gb ram seems to go great!

    On setting up the extensions, did you set the "record incoming" and
    "record outgoing" options to "always"?. If not, go into the extension
    on FreePBX and modify those options.
    paul123, Aug 31, 2006
  8. Shabbir

    Shabbir Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Yes both options are set to record always. But still only internal calls
    are recorded. Also where are recordings located and are the logs stored in
    the mysql db - can that be accessed by other proprietry scripts?

    Thanks in advance.

    Shabbir

    Shabbir, Aug 31, 2006
  9. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Shabbir wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > Yes both options are set to record always. But still only internal calls
    > are recorded. Also where are recordings located and are the logs stored in
    > the mysql db - can that be accessed by other proprietry scripts?

    Hi Shabbir,
    I don't normally use the record option, so.... I've just had a play
    with the recording on my main Trixbox set to record always (in and out)
    on 2 extensions and there is some funny behaviour. Between extensions
    it only seems to be recording on the inward call, whilst dialling out
    from one of these extensions to a UK number *does* get recorded.
    Strange.

    Even stranger, I had a play with 2 extensions on another Trixbox I've
    set up on vmware in XP and that IS behaving alright, ie recording in
    and out. Both trixbox installations are v.1.1.1 updated and patched -
    weird.

    I thought the recordings were located in phpadmin>asterisk
    db>recordings table, but I can only see recordings made for
    announcements there.

    Jono, do you know where they are?
    paul123, Aug 31, 2006
  10. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    on 31/08/2006, paul123 supposed :
    > Shabbir wrote:
    >> Hi Paul,
    >>
    >> Yes both options are set to record always. But still only internal calls
    >> are recorded. Also where are recordings located and are the logs stored in
    >> the mysql db - can that be accessed by other proprietry scripts?

    > Hi Shabbir,
    > I don't normally use the record option, so.... I've just had a play
    > with the recording on my main Trixbox set to record always (in and out)
    > on 2 extensions and there is some funny behaviour. Between extensions
    > it only seems to be recording on the inward call, whilst dialling out
    > from one of these extensions to a UK number *does* get recorded.
    > Strange.
    >
    > Even stranger, I had a play with 2 extensions on another Trixbox I've
    > set up on vmware in XP and that IS behaving alright, ie recording in
    > and out. Both trixbox installations are v.1.1.1 updated and patched -
    > weird.
    >
    > I thought the recordings were located in phpadmin>asterisk
    > db>recordings table, but I can only see recordings made for
    > announcements there.
    >
    > Jono, do you know where they are?

    I do in a@h - /var/spool/asterisk/monitor is where they reside.

    Shabbir, how do you know they're not there.....if you don't know where
    they are...?

    Incidentally, I downgraded from a@h v2.8 to v2.7 because of call
    recording issues - 2.8 wouldn't record inbound calls which were
    directed at a ring group.

    I have yet to pluck up the courage to go through it all again with
    Trixbox!

    Has anyone checked the Asterisk bug tracker (& the Trixbox one, if it
    exists)?
    Jono, Aug 31, 2006
  11. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    <snip>

    > Incidentally, I downgraded from a@h v2.8 to v2.7 because of call
    > recording issues - 2.8 wouldn't record inbound calls which were
    > directed at a ring group.

    That's an issue I experienced today in my tests. Inbound calls into a
    ring group and answered on an extension with recording activated didn't
    record - but the same calls directed at an extension - did.

    haven't checked the bug tracker.
    paul123, Aug 31, 2006
  12. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    paul123 laid this down on his screen :
    > Jono wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Incidentally, I downgraded from a@h v2.8 to v2.7 because of call
    >> recording issues - 2.8 wouldn't record inbound calls which were
    >> directed at a ring group.

    > That's an issue I experienced today in my tests. Inbound calls into a
    > ring group and answered on an extension with recording activated didn't
    > record - but the same calls directed at an extension - did.
    >
    > haven't checked the bug tracker.

    I think you've saved me the heartache of discovering it for myself!
    Jono, Aug 31, 2006
  13. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > paul123 laid this down on his screen :
    > > Jono wrote:
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > >> Incidentally, I downgraded from a@h v2.8 to v2.7 because of call
    > >> recording issues - 2.8 wouldn't record inbound calls which were
    > >> directed at a ring group.

    > > That's an issue I experienced today in my tests. Inbound calls into a
    > > ring group and answered on an extension with recording activated didn't
    > > record - but the same calls directed at an extension - did.
    > >
    > > haven't checked the bug tracker.

    > I think you've saved me the heartache of discovering it for myself!

    :) Unless the recording is important for you, the modular build of
    Trixbox (or was that already there in 2.8?), means never having to go
    for those full re-installs as you can update the individual modules
    from FreePBX as they become available (he he he, that's the theory
    anyway). I don't know if a yum update spoils things, or even if you
    need to.....
    paul123, Sep 1, 2006
  14. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    > :) Unless the recording is important for you,

    Invaluable reference is a call recording. Particularly if my wife asks the
    dreaded question, "Well what did you talk about exactly?"

    > the modular build of
    > Trixbox (or was that already there in 2.8?), means never having to go
    > for those full re-installs as you can update the individual modules
    > from FreePBX as they become available

    I know, and yes it was there in 2.8, the modular approach. I might have to
    check the bug reports & or create a bug if it's still there.

    > (he he he, that's the theory
    > anyway). I don't know if a yum update spoils things, or even if you
    > need to.....

    I think yum update of the kernel still breaks zap, which in turn stops
    meetme/conferencing from working. Doesn't tne update script in Trixbox just
    update the PBX components & not Centos?
    Jono, Sep 1, 2006
  15. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > "paul123" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > :) Unless the recording is important for you,

    > Invaluable reference is a call recording. Particularly if my wife asks the
    > dreaded question, "Well what did you talk about exactly?"

    Fortunately, I don't get that level of interrogation, but yes, it's
    always a good reference as you say.

    <snip>

    > > (he he he, that's the theory
    > > anyway). I don't know if a yum update spoils things, or even if you
    > > need to.....
    > >

    > I think yum update of the kernel still breaks zap, which in turn stops
    > meetme/conferencing from working. Doesn't tne update script in Trixbox just
    > update the PBX components & not Centos?

    I thought it updated Centos too. I seem to remember seeing 2 different
    centos kernels to boot to after doing a yum update. I could be mistaken
    though.
    paul123, Sep 1, 2006
  16. Shabbir

    Shabbir Guest

    Hi,

    Using the Asterisk webadmin there is a tool to check voicemail and call
    recordings. When I have placed a call to external line and called into the
    box (which forward onto my extension), I can see the calls logged in the
    reports page, but in the voicemail and recording tool there is no link to
    play the audio of the conversation... I hope that makes sense...

    Question is should I reinstall?? Since Paul you seem to be getting various
    different results??

    Shabbir, Sep 1, 2006
  17. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Shabbir wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Using the Asterisk webadmin there is a tool to check voicemail and call
    > recordings. When I have placed a call to external line and called into the
    > box (which forward onto my extension), I can see the calls logged in the
    > reports page, but in the voicemail and recording tool there is no link to
    > play the audio of the conversation... I hope that makes sense...
    >
    > Question is should I reinstall?? Since Paul you seem to be getting various
    > different results??

    Yes the results are different from one machine to the other. Best
    resuts being on the vmware setup.

    The vmware version seems to be recording OK both between extensions and
    calls going to/from Uk numbers etc. I haven't tried it with ring
    groups, which seems to be an issue -see above in this thread. My main
    Trixbox on a dedicated machine isn't recording evrything it should,as
    mentioned previously.

    I don't know if you're not looking in the right place for the
    recordings, i think you probably are, but... from FreePBX click the
    recordings option (top right of screen), log into the extension and
    then on the left, click the second link "call monitor". You should see
    a table of your calls for that extension and in the right hand column a
    link that says "play" - if the call *has* been recorded.
    paul123, Sep 1, 2006
  18. Shabbir

    Shabbir Guest

    Hi Paul,

    the place I described where i couldnt see the play link is the very same
    page you ahve mentioned - I unfortunately dont get a play link - so no
    recording. I am also using teh vmware version on an xp machine - the one
    from nerdvittles...

    Shabbir, Sep 1, 2006
  19. Shabbir

    paul123 Guest

    Shabbir wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > the place I described where i couldnt see the play link is the very same
    > page you ahve mentioned - I unfortunately dont get a play link - so no
    > recording. I am also using teh vmware version on an xp machine - the one
    > from nerdvittles...

    Hi Shabbir,
    I'm not sure what to suggest - on the same nerdvittles XP verasion as
    you, it works here... strange.

    You could try over on the trixbox.org forums. Someone there might come
    up with a solution.
    paul123, Sep 1, 2006
  20. Shabbir

    Jono Guest

    Shabbir expressed precisely :
    > I am also using teh vmware version on an xp machine - the one from
    > nerdvittles...

    It might be worth it, as Paul suggests to post on the Trixbox forums &
    once you've done that, head back to nerdvittles & write a comment,
    linking to your post, describing your problem.
    Jono, Sep 1, 2006