Call me chicken...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Aug 16, 2005.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005

  2. Mark²

    Mr. Mark Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote

    > OK...so I wasn't really in a kayak...but it IS a scary view from one!
    > :)

    Damn cool photos either way. :)

    --
    Mark

    Photos, Ideas & Opinions
    http://www.marklauter.com

    Mr. Mark, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Mark²

    Skip M Guest

    Skip M, Aug 16, 2005
  4. Mark²

    Ben Thomas Guest

    You are chicken. :)

    Ben Thomas - Melbourne, Australia
    The essentials: Kodak DX6490, Nikon D70, Canon i9950, Pioneer DVR-109,
    Hitachi W37-PD2100, DGTEC 2000A, Harmon/Kardon AVR4500, Denon DVD-2800,
    Whatmough Synergy, Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm LifeDrive.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Aug 16, 2005
  5. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > You are chicken. :)

    :)
    Actually it was strangely and distinctly UNscary...though they do look quite
    imposing and BIG up close.

    Most of my life (since childhood) I've had recurring nightmares that
    involved the ocean, with one particular repeating dream that centered around
    killer whales. It's funny how dreams can be so different from reality in
    that way.

    I've had encounters with fairly large sharks underwater where the feeling
    was similar--strangely lacking in fear or a feeling of danger. It was more
    like..."Hey! -There's a shark under me...cool."
    :)

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005
  6. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    >> ...but this is a really scary view from a small kayak:
    >> http://www.pbase.com/image/47760961
    >>
    >> Then the relief...
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/47760967

    > Don't Orcas dive and attack from below? All may not be well...

    I think they do whatever they darn well please in that regard...
    :)
    I've seen video of them mutilating critters for the mere joy of it...though
    I don't think that's common.
    According to the local guide, there are two tendencies... Some orcas eat
    fish only, and other eat meat (seals, birds, and the accidental person... :)

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005
  7. Mark²

    Jer Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>You are chicken. :)

    > :)
    > Actually it was strangely and distinctly UNscary...though they do look quite
    > imposing and BIG up close.
    >
    > Most of my life (since childhood) I've had recurring nightmares that
    > involved the ocean, with one particular repeating dream that centered around
    > killer whales. It's funny how dreams can be so different from reality in
    > that way.
    >
    > I've had encounters with fairly large sharks underwater where the feeling
    > was similar--strangely lacking in fear or a feeling of danger. It was more
    > like..."Hey! -There's a shark under me...cool."
    > :)

    I've spent enough time around sharks to know they're not the threat I
    thought they were when I was much younger. OTOH, they have to eat just
    like anybody else and my comfort zone exists from the knowledge that I'm
    not on their menu. Then again, I'm not dumb enough to frequent places
    where unatural behaviour is encouraged by presenting them with a stream
    of bubbles *and* food at the same time.

    Quote from Pavlov's pet shark... "Who's for supper?"

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Aug 16, 2005