    Does Cisco have a softphone?

    TIA,

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon F Herrera, Apr 8, 2005

  2. "Ramon F Herrera" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hello:
    >
    > What is the difference between Cisco's Call Manager and a SIP Server?

    The protocols being used.

    > Can I use Cisco IP phones with a SIP Server (and no CM)?

    Yes, you can use Cisco phones with SIP images.

    > Can I use one of the softphones available out there with
    > the Cisco CM?

    I do not think you can use any other than the Cisco SoftPhone with CM

    > Does Cisco have a softphone?

    Yes

    --
    Best regards
    Martin Kiefer

    Martin Kiefer, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Ramon F Herrera

    erike Guest

    Cisco have a softphone called softwphone - the original cisco softphone but
    also the IP communicator softphone which is like a 7970 harphone in soft
    format on a PC

    see www.cisco.com for info on both

    I know of people who are using cisco IP phones with other sip servers -
    remember to load the sip image on the phones then and not the skinny image
    cisco phones use when talking to call manager.

    erike, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Ramon F Herrera

    Jeff C Guest

    "Ramon F Herrera" <> wrote in news:1112923888.620515.19100
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Can I use one of the softphones available out there with
    > the Cisco CM?

    For PC's I only know of Cisco's softphone and IP Communicator
    but the handhelds running WindowsCE (or is it PocketPC or?)
    there is IP phone software called IPBlue that makes your
    802.11b handheld a wireless phone.

    -Jeff C

    Jeff C, Apr 9, 2005